Crooked Letters

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Crooked Letters

Postby eSJay » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:55 am

A decent read.
Might spark a little off-season discussion 'round here!
It’s a long and very detailed story of stupidity on the part of the UM staff and a conspiracy of sorts by the folks at MSU to nail them. I’ve always said that when UAT got hammered in 2001/2002 the lesson they learned was not that cheating was bad, but that if you were going to do it, you have to make sure everyone is paid. Saving about $50K cost UAT millions. Look at em' now... They learned how to cheat! The whole mess at Ole MS was started to a degree because they failed to follow that simple principle.
It is also a cautionary recruiting tale about recognizing when you have a kid who has significant baggage, and not walking away. When you have family members standing around with their hands out expecting special treatment, you’re either going to walk away or you’re going to have to come up with whatever they want. UM did neither, and they got hammered & nailed because of it!

https://www.sbnation.com/a/ole-miss-leo ... violations
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
stang67
Duck South Addict

Re: Crooked Letters

Postby stang67 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:02 am

I think it’s kinda ironic that you could have swapped the names of the schools and written the same story about 15 years ago. Rinse and repeat.
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Re: Crooked Letters

Postby mossyisland » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:44 pm

This should get real interesting in the next few months with the rebel rags lawsuit.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”