Proposal introduced by Cindy hired Smith to move waterfowl framework close to January 31

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Proposal introduced by Cindy hired Smith to move waterfowl framework close to January 31

Postby Wildfowler » Thu May 24, 2018 1:13 pm

This might generate some discussion.

https://www.hydesmith.senate.gov/conten ... osing-date

I like the way she thinks, this may make sure that she gets reelected?

C3F838A1-9480-46E8-AA83-BB351A38C5CA.jpeg
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: Proposal introduced by Cindy hired Smith to move waterfowl framework close to January 31

Postby Wildfowler » Fri May 25, 2018 8:06 pm

:? :? :?

Man back in the day ending the season on January 31 or even later was a big topic.

I know it’s just a proposal, but nobody has any interest in discussing this?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Re: Proposal introduced by Cindy hired Smith to move waterfowl framework close to January 31

Postby mallardchaser » Fri May 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Sounds good to me.

I just walked past my calls and picked the olt up, it still works.

The wife and kids always like that.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Mon May 28, 2018 9:03 am

I would be all for it, seems like some years we lose a whole week at the end of January. I’m sure if this happens we will need to give up days in the front of the season, but I will take that trade any day, any year.
work hard, play hard
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:29 am

Always seems to be more ducks during that time than early in the season.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon May 28, 2018 12:40 pm

Im for running it into first week of February..................lop off what you have to on the front.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 pm

I believe it is long overdue.
Peewee
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Wed May 30, 2018 5:39 pm

I don't like politicians monkeying with duck season, even if it's in my favor, because the next time it may stink, very very risky.

When Trent Lott jammed through some changes to "extend" but really it was a shift, to January 31st, it went okay. But again politicians meddling is never a good thing. The season used to end January 20th, no matter what. At that time their was much debate about consumptive mortality, natural mortality, pair bonding etc. etc. etc. I can't remember half of the biology surrounding that.

Seems like the compromise was made to end it the last Sunday in January, I think.

I have a bunch of info from Dr's Leopold & Kaminsky of Mississippi State University, it's around here somewhere.

If biologists say it's okay, then it's okay. Otherwise I'll take Jan1st-Feb28th
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”