Question about poachers

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Question about poachers

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:56 am

So a friend of mine got to talking to a guy last night and the guy was bragging about poaching on our land in Yazoo. He shut up real quick when my friend told him he knew the land owners real well. My dad hired the guys brother to do a job several years ago and he half way did it and never finished. I had heard from the beginning he was shady and to be careful. So my question is do we have any type of action we can do with him openly telling people? Or does he have to be caught in the act?
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: Question about poachers

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:14 am

I can’t answer the question, but I’m sure it will be more fun to catch him in the act.

Can you set up a stake out during hunting season?
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:47 am

Well I am pretty sure his time has come to an end. With my work schedule and living 3 hours away I don’t get to make it up much. My cousin hunts it some but he has always mainly hunted at his camp that his family has had since the 30’s. Well looks like they are losing that land so him and I along with a few friends are starting a camp on it this year. So there will be a heavy presence there. Also now that we know he has bragged about it and who he is we will have an eye out for him.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:29 am

You can't do anything legally with the talk. You'd have to have hard evidence (pictures, witnesses, etc) or catch him to press charges.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”