A little off-season fun

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: A little off-season fun

Postby Wildfowler » Thu May 17, 2018 10:10 am

I always liked photography but never got past a basic SLR camera. I remember some of y’all were very very good at taking beautiful pictures.

Didn’t we have photo contest or at least a theme and participants would try and match the theme with a well documented photograph in the past?

How about a monthly iPhone photo theme? Something that everyone here can do?

We all generally take phone pictures of something of interest in our day-to-day lives. Something we find interesting.

How about all of us who still read here regularly put up your best photo of:

“Something Of Interest”

Over the next month. Let’s limit iPhone photos to some pictures you can take without having to zoom in for best clarity.

Any interest?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Duck Engr
Regular

Postby Duck Engr » Thu May 17, 2018 3:00 pm

I'd do my best to contribute to something like that. I'm the farthest thing from a photographer this site has ever seen but i'll give it a whirl.

Just for fun, i'll start it off with this one: Not an iphone picture and not recent but maybe a conversation contribution and you'll get to see why I have enjoyed watching so many pigs die in your videos.

I call this one "Um, yes, is this the Pentagon? I'd like to call in an airstrike."
IMG_2056.jpg
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Thu May 17, 2018 5:37 pm

I’d be game
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu May 17, 2018 11:19 pm

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri May 18, 2018 12:40 am

DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Fri May 18, 2018 6:21 am

That's awesome man. I especially like the coup de grace at the end. No mike on the goggles though?
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 am

Duck Engr
Regular

Postby Duck Engr » Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sat May 19, 2018 11:20 pm

Here’s some more off season fun!!

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sun May 20, 2018 1:42 am

We’ll lookie here....

Spotted this yote while pulling into the driveway. I don’t think I ever hit him after the first shot. Haha

Duck Engr
Regular

Postby Duck Engr » Tue May 22, 2018 9:41 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue May 22, 2018 10:02 am

That’s right, the Flir Breach is the helmet mounted thermal. I “joined” that video clip onto the Pulsar themal scope footage of the shooting. Then me checking for any survivors using the head mount again.

The flir does not have any microphone capability, so unless I want to learn how to audio record from my phone in my shirt pocket and dub that in, those will have to be silent movies.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:05 am

Andy you have gotten pretty dang good at shooting them on the run. It's impressive as hell.
What was your yardage from the hogs on the "hog action" video when you swapped from flir to scope? 50-75yds?
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue May 22, 2018 11:44 am

Thanks. I’m not bashful about pulling the trigger, but I certainly don’t hit them all. Those two they were running out together that I was shooting at, I remember thinking to myself I’m not going to ever get in front of them yet I continued pulling the trigger.

Same as a dove hunt. There are some shots that I just remember thinking to myself I am never going to be in front of this no matter what I do, but it’s best to keep shooting because every now and then a different bird may drop than the one you thought you were aiming at.

That was about 75 yards. I stopped because I saw one of them looking right at me. And two of them appeared to be wandering off and was afraid the jig was about to be up.

I prefer to get within 50 yards of them or less. Little easier to do with the helmet because I can watch them to make sure they are not looking at me. Moving closer when they put their heads down.

The most fun is when it’s muddy as hell and they can’t run as fast to get away. The very first video on this topic.

Haha
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Man do you get any sleep at night?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”