A little off-season fun

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: A little off-season fun

Postby Wildfowler » Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 pm

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri May 25, 2018 12:08 am

Got three more tonight. I basically had to walk with the wind for several hundred yards to get where I could approach them downwind of their position.

It worked.

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:14 am

Andy,
Do you leave them laying and let the farmer know or pick them up and cart them off?
I imagine that any farmer out there would be happy to go pick up carcasses if you are killing all these hogs for them.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri May 25, 2018 7:17 am

In theory I have several numbers of farm hands that want to come get them.

In reality, their phone never seems to get answered at midnight on a Thursday.

I will make an effort to drag them off if I can get to them without tearing up the field but I could not do that last night. A little soft.

I like having coyote bait too.
Duck Engr
Regular

Postby Duck Engr » Fri May 25, 2018 8:36 am

DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Tue May 29, 2018 6:16 am

That's good stuff man. Keep up the good work. This may have been asked, but what part of the state are you in?
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue May 29, 2018 7:58 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed May 30, 2018 8:36 pm

So, I’m sitting in my truck watching a field for my next victim when I notice a skunk that is getting too close for comfort. I shoot it and decided to walk over and check it out using the Flir Breach helmet.

Look what I almost stepped on.

Sombitch!!
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:55 am

Last night was not necessarily high-volume but it was fun nevertheless as usual.

Got kicked off right at dark with a coyote coming straight to me. I just knew I was going to be running out of ammunition based on this.

The second pulsar clip is the only hog I saw, just caught a glimpse of him and shot through a hole in the brush. He turned out to be a pretty good sized boar.

The next series of events are scenes from three different thermals of a coyote that is trying to hide from me and hoping that I will go about my business. But the Coyote didn’t understand that he IS my business.

The first flir images are captured from the Flir Vue 640 from the road, then me getting set up in the field, and lastly me shooting with the pulsar clip that went crazy.

Basically this was one of those deals where I failed to properly end of the video before powering off the scope. I guess it worked better for the scope of this video as it was about three minutes worth of footage of him hauling ass across the field unharmed. Haha

And lastly I included some flir Vue footage of the million and three deer I saw last night. They were everywhere.

Duck Engr
Regular

Postby Duck Engr » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:04 am

NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:23 pm

bucks n beaks
Veteran

Postby bucks n beaks » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:17 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:47 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 pm

I was sent a pin drop yesterday to a cornfield where the hogs are damaging the farmers standing corn. (Imagine that) I told my neighbor about this because he has been wanting to go with me.

Unfortunately a red cell thunderstorm popped up right at the end of the day making the trip back to the location a no go for pick up truck access.

So we stopped by one of the other fields where I’ve been having some luck that we can get to from the main road and found this big boy.

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:16 pm

What’s your biggest hog so far?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”