A little off-season fun

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: A little off-season fun

Postby Wildfowler » Sat May 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Got a few more last night. A little on the smaller and harder to hit side. Haha

Scope cap fell over towards the end.

3E543518-5118-4D21-903A-7C63C84550E4.jpeg
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon May 14, 2018 12:23 am

New field with a newly dead hog

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon May 14, 2018 8:15 am

I thought this was cool. My buddy was shooting a skunk with his 22. I was recording the event with my FLIR PTS233 and had no idea that entry level scope could capture the bullet in flight. It is 60 hertz so I’m sure they helps.

Anyway. I found this very interesting and I wanted to share. Kinda glad his 22 was not zeroed in, else I may not have noticed one shot.

It’s very prominent on the video created by the scope, YouTube compressed the video upon upload and I’ll admit that I have a hard time seeing this outside on my phone while watching the YouTube playback.

You may have to watch this from a regular computer?

DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 am

That is pretty cool. I've heard/read somewhere that the spotters for military snipers can see the vapor trail off the bullets by tweaking their scopes a bit out of focus, but i've never seen it personally.
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:17 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Duck Engr
Regular

Postby Duck Engr » Mon May 14, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm having way too much fun watching pigs die on this thread. Keep em coming! Side note: It is amazing how big pigs will take a bullet, lay on the ground for a few seconds, and then spring back to life like they were shot out of a cannon like the one in the previous video did.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon May 14, 2018 4:29 pm

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon May 14, 2018 8:22 pm

You can see that too.

It looks chartreuse under an LED spotlight when they spray. Nasty stuff.

Speaking of skunks. Here’s an oldie but a goodie!!

Duck Engr
Regular

Postby Duck Engr » Tue May 15, 2018 8:24 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed May 16, 2018 7:46 am

No hogs last night, but got three coyotes. Here’s the video from one of them, it was a longshot and I was on maximum zoom with the thermal. Looked like he was still alive so I walked out to check it out and to dispatch using a different rifle and scope. (no particular reason, it was just a lighter rifle to carry out there)

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed May 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Come on now. I feel like I’m just talking to my self in here. I talk to myself enough it in person as it is. Don’t let me do it here too.

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

No varminting for me tonight. Cooking a pile of chicken breasts on the pellet grill. And most importantly, doing so while sippin’ on a tall boy. (Sippin’ on a tall boy....)
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 pm

Really enjoying the videos!!

My hobbies are on “the list”. It used to be I’d do it next month or we’d do it next year. Now, I just slap it on the list and go on about my business lol. Trying to get back into Archery, get a mountain bike, & maybe a little photography. Got a black bear on my phone. I want a zoom lense now. Thinking I need to go to med school or the like. In the mean time I have a 9 yr old daughter that is testing my patience in every aspect of the day! Got all a’s in school but damn woman are crazy!

Per the hogs though, eagle lake area could use your services! Well there all the way up 49 to be honest. Keep it up. It’s nice to watch the slaughter!!! I’ve come to hate them
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed May 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Speaking of photography.

I’ve been seeing some neat songbirds recently.

Indigo bunting and Scarlett tanager.

I know some you camera buffs here are taking pictures of songbirds. How about sharing some of your work?
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:54 am

I haven't broken out the big camera in a while. Been threatening to to take some pics of the dog running tests. But it is hard enough to run the test, with out adding in taking pictures to it also.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”