Ask DS -> Electric fence around food plot

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Bercy
Veteran

Ask DS -> Electric fence around food plot

Postby Bercy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:46 am

We are planning to plant corn and install an electric fence around the plot to hopefully keep deer/hogs out of it.

Who has installed an electric fence for a food plot in the past? Has it worked? What brand? Any suggestions? Any helpful hints?

Thanks.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Re: Ask DS -> Electric fence around food plot

Postby RedEyed Duck » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:47 am

I understand that approach but it sure makes me laugh that you’re planting a food plot for deer (assuming) and having to install an electric fence to keep said deer out. :lol: The only bit of constructive input I have is to build it twice as tall as u think is needed and twice as tough.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:09 am

i tried to find some examples, but came up short on my search. I've seen some farmers post pictures of fences they have put up in their fields to keep deer out. Most of them will put up two sets of wires. The outermost wire will be close to the ground, maybe a foot if that, and then about 5 feet inside the field will be another wire set about 3-4 feet off the ground.
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:42 am

They’ve worked well for us. We use the two layer setup.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”