Washer Trouble

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Washer Trouble

Postby msudawg8087 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:57 am

Anybody have any suggestions on who to call for washer repair in the Clinton area?

I've got an older Estate top load washer that I bought used a few years ago. Has suddenly stopped spinning and is making a pretty awful noise all of a sudden. I did a search on here and ran across a few threads suggesting to get on an appliance repair site like ApplianceJunk. Did that and after reading some I'm afraid its gonna be a "bearing and inner tub " issue and will be a little more in depth than I have time for right now.

Google search on repair companies shows Cates and Brent's Repair. Anybody dealt with either or know anybody better?

Last week it was my garage springs, this week its the washer..........................
SHERMANATOR
SB
Duck South Addict

Re: Washer Trouble

Postby SB » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Chris Harper ‭(601) 750-6408‬ is who I have used with good luck on appliance and AC repair. He is in the Florence area, so Clinton is in striking distance.
Scott Baker
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:36 am

Thanks for the lead SB.

Upon further inspection, it seems the little plastic and rubber coupler broke which is supposed to be pretty common for the older models. Have ordered the part and am just waiting on it to come in. Should be a 10-15 min fix if that's the only thing wrong. *fingers crossed*

But just in case anybody else needs a central MS repair man, any other suggestions would be appreciated.
SHERMANATOR
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 pm

I've torn enough of them down to know, it ain't that hard. A few beers and a little time and they're relatively an easy fix. That's if you can get the part, and not find someone else to fix it. Just saying.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:04 am

Yea once you get under there and look, there's really not a whole lot to them.

Luckily the coupling change went pretty much as planned. Saved at least a bill, maybe more. My only worry was that there was something else under there besides the coupling. Dodged that bullet.
SHERMANATOR
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:42 am

Wish I would have kept my mouth shut. Looks like I get to take apart a dryer now, every freaking bolt to change one part.

should be fun! Glad it went well for you!
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it

Return to “General Discussion Forum”