Intro

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Re: Intro

Postby DoublePslayer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:30 am

Welcome aboard man. Make sure you have your boots on when you log on, as the BS gets pretty deep around here. And if you ever get bored, make sure you search for a thread named "lost boat and blind bag." That will kind of set the bar as to what kind of crowd is here. :mrgreen:
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:58 am

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.
Scott Baker
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:16 pm

RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:26 pm

I’m a bama fan that lives in TN, so gator fan living in TX sounds about right. Glad to have some new blood round this place!
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Question for new guy, Finis...
Late season WMA flooded field....would it be better to use 3 hen w/1drake decoy to to entice drakes to the spread using the sex card ? i.e. Available hens....
Or would it be better to use 3 drakes w/1 hen using the sex card but the logic is the hen hasn't paired up yet so entice new competitive drakes?

Welcome to this dump, sometimes in the past duck hunting was spoken here....
Wear your life jacket/inflatable, hook that kill switch from OB, wear belt around waders, extreme caution anytime over deep water, don't sky bust, and have fun!
Later DL
Take a kid fly fishing
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Dats what I always logic ed.... but guy on DU Magazine thinks differently..... I think I'll try both on two sides of the setup and see what works best. In the middle have a group of pairs..... Was hoping for more participation but so it is around here lately....most around here know all about hunting so no need for any discussion and deservedly so....Ha

Check out mistake/ fix#7

http://www.ducks.org/hunting/waterfowl- ... g-mistakes

Pic from BennyBeaver
crow
Duck South Addict

Postby crow » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 am

Just remember, you are trying to mimic what is natural. Most flocks of ducks, especially mallards, will be almost 3 to 1 drakes to hens.

Welcome from a MS boy and Mississippi State fan who lives in GA. Just wade through the crap and you will find a kernel of duck genius around here sometime. Hope you have a good end of the season.

crow
Wyatt545

Postby Wyatt545 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:14 pm

Hey homeboy, I’m in FTW too. Need to hook up. I’m a cop so we can rag on each other for fun.

Hunting in the morning as a matter of fact.
Wyatt545

Postby Wyatt545 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Hunting the 16th.

Shoot you a message

Return to “General Discussion Forum”