For the love of everything good and holy

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
RNAIL
Veteran

Re: For the love of everything good and holy

Postby RNAIL » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:26 pm

From Micah post:

Let me lay some things out on the table. If it doesn't make sense, attribute it to the fact that I'm about 24 hours into a 36-hour shift in the emergency room.

MSDucks was born in a fraternity house, as I had insomnia associated with a bunch of crazy ass frat brothers that refused to sleep. I'd never built a website before, and I started out trying to provide a resource of information on duck hunting in Mississippi. Out of that, the Forum... The community of members actually became the most valuable part of the site.

Today, I read news that my fraternity would no longer be on the campus at Ole Miss. I don't have much control over that. But I refuse to let the fraternity that is MSDucks disintegrate.

Ms Ducks members have been in each other's weddings, been pallbearers at funerals, and done things for each other's families that has brought my heart much joy.

I personally know people I would have never crossed paths with had it not been for the website. I can assure you that there is no desire on anyone's part to lose what made the community great. What's made that Community great is all of its members. The only thing I take credit for is creating a mechanism to bring such an awesome group of people together. It's something I've always been proud of, and will continue to be proud of.

Through the years, I've had people offer to buy the website, but it never really felt right. Even when I haven't had much time to dedicate to it, it's always been an important part of who I am. When the time came to ask someone to help, I chose to ask Rocky because he's been like a brother to me for most of my life. I've known the man since I was 6 years old, and our fathers were best friends.

Rocky and I are committed to keeping what the site is and was. I think we have an opportunity to make it even better. Please be patient. We are still learning, and we will probably continue to learn.

-Micah
I'm Retired, leave me alone
Dr. B
Veteran

Re: For the love of everything good and holy

Postby Dr. B » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:53 pm

Well this seems to be as good a time as ever to post for the first time in a long time.

I joined this site back in 2004 and thought I'd found the best site on the internet. I was new to duck hunting and was a fairly regular poster for several years. I've hunted with members, been to ball games with members, tailgated with members, eaten with members, and so on. Most of whom I met for the first time at whatever event we happened to be attending but it always seemed like we'd known each other for years. Some of the finest people I've ever met were the result of connecting on this site. Dang sure one of the funniest places on earth. I still crack up thinking of OSP!

My 5 year-old lab passed away unexpectedly last year which devastated us. Coupled with the fact I didn't have a place to hunt, I never even signed on last year. Never blew a call. Never even got my decoys or waders out. Losing Cooper just took the fire out. I was so sad and just couldn't imagine being in a blind without him.

Fast forward to this year and well, I just missed it. Missed the hunting. Missed the site. Missed all things duck. So I Iogged on a couple of weeks ago just to check in. Reading a few posts got the fire started simmering and is now back! We don't have another lab yet (we're looking!) and don't have a place to hunt, I like to get on here and just see what is going on. I really enjoy this place!

Although I doubt he will remember, I met Rocky last year at one of Raggio's call nights in Raymond. Seemed like a really nice guy and I enjoyed the conversation we had. The site has undergone some major changes since I joined but I'd like to think that the members that made this site great are still hanging around. I don't do Facebook so I must be missing out on some things. However, I trust the owners will continue to make sure this site stays true to it's roots, makes improvements when appropriate but always sticking to what got the site this far.

My wife and I are going to strike out the weekend of the 5th on a road trip. I'm going to make some calls and see if any lodges have a last minute cancellations and can take 2 hunters. We're just gonna head toward the delta of MS and AR and hope for the best. Don't really have a plan but I just miss seeing the delta and some ducks. Maybe we'll get lucky!

I'll be checking in pretty regularly on this site just to see what's going on. Until then, y'all shoot 'em in the beaks!

Dr. B
"Shoot 'em in the face!"

Return to “General Discussion Forum”