For the love of everything good and holy

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

For the love of everything good and holy

Postby deltadukman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:28 am

Rocky,

Can we just change the name of the Facebook group to something else to disassociate it from this place in its entirety? I assume you're wanting to grow the Ducksouth name into something it was never intended to be, and full of people that were never originally here. For what reasons other than the branding, recognition, or almighty dollar...whatever it may be, it seems that someone wants this place to turned into the refuge forum(or bigger) full of sponsors, advertisers, guides, and others pimping their goods and services. If that's the end game, I feel like the OG's are owed an explanation as to where this is going. Sure you bought it, congrats, but remember, what you bought wouldn't be jack $#!+ without those of us who have been here longest to make Ducksouth the family of friends(and Estes), that it is. This goes way TF beyond just keeping the lights on in this dump. I, as well as others, eagerly await your answer.
Last edited by deltadukman on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Re: For the love of everything good and holy

Postby jtdumallard » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:33 am

Hang on while i go get my popcorn. :shock: :shock:
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:42 am

Edited due to grammar and spelling...not content.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:44 am

I was thinking to myself just the other day that I’ll bet this place with live been back up if they closed the Facebook page down all together.

I guess bringing back discussions about public hunting may not be the worst thing we could do here at this point?

Or let Vinnie back on?

Haha (voice to text) I Kinda like the name Vinnie for him
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Wish I could drink at work
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm curious as to know why he needs to answer?

but yes I'll be drinking hopefully when/if he answers. Never seen someone think they needed to call out an owner of a business that has no interest in the finically well being of a business. But this could get interesting so I'll wait
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:18 pm

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Say your buddy signs up for a football team, asks you and several other friends to get a team together. Then you and those guys go and get some more friends and the whole group gets to be friends with one another. Over time yall become something bigger than flag football, you grow up and have a small following, little name recognition. A platform if you will. Then your buddy who put the team together gets busy with life. We handle ourselves and keep the team going. Ups and downs, hardships and celebrations ensue and we all pull together and make it. Then one day, one of the team members decides he wants take it over. Cool, that's ok. He might not have been as involved as others, and several asked our friend who started it that we were interested in handling the duties. Then you wake up one day and there are invites to upwards of 20k people being invited onto the team. The guy that took it over is taking your team, the one you and your friends built and is adding sponsors and the like. Possibly trying to make some money off of the team you created. This guy never came to the team Christmas party with the guys(September) or actively tried to be involved with the team and now is trying to tell you who is on the team and pushing the old team members to the brink of just quitting.

Tom, I think that's your name, he doesn't have to answer, and may wont, but rest assured I'm not the only one asking these questions. And to be honest, I could care less what anyone thinks about my opinion. This dump is a special place to many friends, not a facebook page full of idiots, or a capital investment for personal gain. That's the way many see it.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:17 pm

If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:02 pm

A valid question is: would the forum still exist if it had not been bought?
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm not up to date on all the face book stuff and dont have any plans of facebook being part of my everyday life so im out on opinions of that one way or another.

I do recall though, back in tha day it was suggested that there be a slight (very slight) annual fee and that was nixed quick fast and in a hurry. I understood the theory behind it then but am a realist and know that it takes a little bit of $ to operate computer stuff.

A lot of good crap has been carried on around here in the past. I have met and made life long friends from this site and would hate to see it go but do understand a bit of angst has been generated lately. I understand the sponsor and promo idea in general but this ain't Nascar. Surely there is a happy middle ground in there somewhere.

Thoughts from someone thats been lurking around since 08............. :D
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:48 pm

I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am

Micah and I are composing a plan that will continue growing the brand, growing membership, and/but keep the mystique of Msducks/ducksouth for the the old members. When we finish it this week, we will let you know further plans.

On a side note, I was one of the original members of the team in 99. I was drafted about fifteenth in the draft if I remember right. I also was the first sponsor of the site.
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:34 am

i joined in 99 while at southern miss and still stop by several times every single day....thanks for keeping it going

memories take me back to spending hours in the computer lab in the library jumping from hoosier jim's duck blind to waterfowler.net to the refuge to msducks to duckboats.net and back again. good times...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”