Laptop for amateur photo editing

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Laptop for amateur photo editing

Postby stang67 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:44 am

I bought my wife a DSLR camera last Christmas, and now she's interested in a new laptop for some minor photo editing work. I don't know much about this. Honestly, I really don't want to spend money on another PC, so I'm considering a Mac.

Can anyone tell me what I need? Machine and software? Will she hate the 13" model and wish I had the 15" for this work? Do people use the smaller models for photography work?
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Re: Laptop for amateur photo editing

Postby dukluk » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:19 pm

Ha, that's simple.....she's a female.....it's Christmas.....give her a blank check, and tell her to go get what she wants.....you must not be married too long. :lol: :lol: :lol:
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:14 pm

10 years but still not ready to admit failure.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Macs are very expensive for what you get, but they are popular for photo editing and pretty user friendly. If she really wants a mac, you should get her a Mac, but if not, Lenovo makes several fine laptops that are backed by a very good warranty. https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/c/LAPTOPS
I'm a cash-strapped graduate student, so I made the switch from MAC to PC last year and got a Lenovo T460p that provides twice as much performance per dollar as comparable MACs. I think the corporate discount code for Lenovo is currently NJ*PERKSEPP, which will give you 30-40% off your purchase at checkout.

Also, a 13" screen is fine for photo editing.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:27 pm

I appreciate the input.
tica-tica
Veteran

Postby tica-tica » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:48 pm

I use Photoshop Elements. Cheaper than full blown Photoshop and not as complicated. It is a good tool and good jumpstart if you want to learn Photoshop

Return to “General Discussion Forum”