Winchester Customer Service

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Winchester Customer Service

Postby RedEyed Duck » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:20 pm

I just finished speaking to Rita at Winchester. I was ordering a part for my old ass Super X2 that I could not find in stock anywhere here in town. Rita took all my info told me the item would ship tomorrow and asked if I needed any thing else. I asked if she wanted my payment information and she very quickly replied "no sir, I shipped this part out at no charge." Sure didn't expect nor ask for "free" and was honestly quite surprised. Just wanted to give some credit for a customer service win, since there seem to be so many fails these days.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: Winchester Customer Service

Postby Smoke68 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Steyr did the same thing for me a year ago. Couldn't believe it. I'm sure every phone call doesn't go like that, but they sure earned a gold star from me that day.

Bet that stuff NEVER happens with Remington.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:46 pm

If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Truth be told I sent an old 870 Special Purpose back to remington for repairs several years ago. They too completed lots of repairs and upgrades and didn’t charge me a dime either. So they both get a gold star in my book.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
khound22
Veteran

Postby khound22 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Same thing with me. Had an issue with my SX3, (I ran over it :? ), sent it to winchester. It took them almost a year but they repaired it for free and it was my fault. I will be faithful to them
ufgators68
Veteran

Postby ufgators68 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:40 am

Well don't expect that with Mossberg.

They sent my 935 back to me with stripped out scope mounting holes. I called & spoke to customer service and they pretty much blamed me. Said they'd fix it for a fee. :evil:
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Here's my experience with Browning

I sent my Belguim A5 back to them with a broken part on the inside, they fixed it and sent it back for free, and within a month. My gun was made in 1958. Then last August I sent my BPS back (8 Years old) and they kept it a whole year to recoat it and send it back to me. Cost me shipping there and back.

Moral of the story, they don't make them like they used too
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”