AR Opener

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
sondance
Veteran

AR Opener

Postby sondance » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:38 pm

How did you guys do? We've done a lot better in SE AR and have done a lot worse. I'd give it a D with an F being skunked. No one in our camp limited. Had some local birds. There's very little food or water except what has been pumped. Stayed over for Sunday hoping the front that cam through would push some new birds down. It didn't happen. On Sunday, you could tell the birds were skittish. You could get them to turn with the call but I couldn't get them to set down near anything that looked like a tree line or clump of weeds.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: AR Opener

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Am I going to have to keep hounding you to post pictures of that springer retrieving birds?

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:30 pm

"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:46 pm

My buddy in NE AR hammered em at his camp, but they always do. Its all about location, location, location for them and they paid the big bucks and bought land on the “X” many years ago. Hope things inprove for ya Sondance.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
Matt S
Veteran

Postby Matt S » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:25 pm

We hunt in SE Arkansas also. We had a very good weekend. We saw a lot of ducks Saturday morning but has been less and less each day. We always have lots of geese. We didn't limit but had kids in blind with us. If we would have had more water Saturday we would have probably limited out. Most I talked to if they had water they did well.
sondance
Veteran

Postby sondance » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:02 pm

LOL! I guess I do need to get me some of that Hevi X then. My problem ain't the shot, it's the shooter.

Guys in my camp said they were killing them in the NE and in Stutgart but they always are. The problem with the SE is the farmers pick the fields clean unless you pay them and no one wants to really leave water on the fields. Something to do with salt in the water decreasing yields. We were going to let one of our leases go this yearbecause of that very issue but the owner cut his asking price.

Smoke I'll try to get one this week of Mo. There weren't enough retrieves to warrant getting the phone out of my pocket. Sucker is so fast he looks like a blur anyway. I think he could be a really good dog if my kid would spend any time at all with him. Too much football, basketball and girls taking up his time.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Return to “General Discussion Forum”