Smoked duck...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
ufgators68
Veteran

Smoked duck...

Postby ufgators68 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Any of y'all have a recipe for smoked duck?
booger
Veteran

Re: Smoked duck...

Postby booger » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:58 am

Double post?
Last edited by booger on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:58 am

Here's what I posted a while back. My old smoker rusted out, so my nephew was allowed to put into low earth orbit with Tannerite. This grill worked just fine as a smoker. Allegro is convenient, but you could easily make your own, it's mostly soy sauce. We don't bother with Italian salad dressing any more.

You just need to tell us what time to be there! :D

Marinated Mallards, the one on the left was marinated with the Allegro Game marinade (mostly soy sauce), the other two were in Italian salad dressing. Next step is wrap in bacon and put on grill & smoke.

Fire on the right, seems to work pretty good. Put extra wood chips, half smoke / half grill. The bacon was just a habit, not necessary in this situation, but the dogs love it. i can't disappoint.

Right off the grill: After they cool I strip the meat and make gumbo, adding some sausage. I save the legs for my wife, she considers it a wicked delicacy. Go figure.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
ufgators68
Veteran

Postby ufgators68 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Thanks. I doubt you want to be part of the first duck cooking. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”