Lap Yapper

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Lap Yapper

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:27 am

Ok boys, I wanted to let you know about this. Took the wife's lap yapper to the vet yesterday, and our worst fears were confirmed. He has an aggressive tumor in his mouth that is going to kill him. Although it IS sensitive right now, he is not in any pain. So, with the wife out of the country right now, we are going to wait for her return before we put the boy down. (The vet says we have about 2 to 3 months, at the most, before he dies.)

We have talked about what needs to be done, and we will decide final actions when she returns. Our daughter is too young to understand, so that will be part of the conversation. Another item is my buddy Jack. He is probably going to miss his kennel mate a lot; and with his advanced age, we aren't sure how HE will handle it. (He is 12 and also has some health issues, so this might just kill him as well.)

We are bracing for the inevitable. He's a good dog.
Nobody owes you anything.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Re: Lap Yapper

Postby peewee » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:23 pm

That sucks. Dogs are great but it's always tough when it's time for them to go.
Peewee
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:34 am

that's always a tough one, john...sorry to hear.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:19 am

Well, it is time. We spoke with the vet, and they will take care of everything for us. I will be taking the Lap Yapper in on Saturday morning. The wife has been assured that he won't suffer.

So do a favor please. On Saturday night, lift your glasses high. For the Lap Yapper was, as are most, one helluva friend. :(
Nobody owes you anything.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 am

Will do. May be time to get Jack another kennel buddy, although I know that probably ain't a popular topic just yet.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”