DirectTV

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
7ducks
Veteran

DirectTV

Postby 7ducks » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm new to DirectTV.....I have a large main box and 6 small boxes....? can I take the large box back and forth to camp and will other boxes work with the main gone.....tried calling CS they are no help at all. Thanks
A duck call is one of the best conservation tools ever invented
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Re: DirectTV

Postby Deltaquack » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Is that the Genie? If so, from my understanding it won't work without the central unit. I never upgraded to the Genie and have all the separate boxes b/c I do the same thing as you. Find another box that isn't for the Genie and add it to your account for like $7 and leave it at camp. CS will usually give you a hard time if you tell them you are using it at home and camp so I wouldn't do that.
ufgators68
Veteran

Postby ufgators68 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 pm

No idea on that but...

We recently switched to Directv and combined it with our mobile phones to get the unlimited data plan. We can watch our regular tv shows on our phones/tablet. Plan on using it bigly this deer season. :lol:
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:14 am

The Genie is the anti-christ. Do not ever switch to it. They call me every month trying to get me to upgrade. I have 6 boxes that cover my house and both camps. A genie box runs the other clone boxes. Pull one and the system shuts down. Post a pic of what you have.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”