Pay attention to what's going on around you

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Pay attention to what's going on around you

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:42 am

Teach your wives and daughters and family to pay attention to their surroundings. Always.

I get on to my wife watching her walk out of the grocery store and she never looks around for anything.

At least if you see it coming, you have a chance.

Senseless.

http://m.msnewsnow.com/msnewsnow/db_345 ... d=RODt6oLt
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
StraightUp
Veteran

Re: Pay attention to what's going on around you

Postby StraightUp » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:19 am

Yes! We are having more and more of this stuff in Columbus. A certain segment of society is lawless.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:08 pm

Man I stay on this side of the river for a reason. Especially wouldn't be over there at that time of night. Anyone who kept up with the attorney smith trial saw how crooked the court system is. Not sure you u could have had anymore testimony or evidence yet he got off on all charges. I would be scared to death to be put in a situation where I feared for my life and had to use deadly force in hinds county because the jury of my peers would probably put me in jail regardless.

People keep blaming the media etc for everything. You should all listen to Chris rocks take on it. I would post link but it is a little touchy. Basically he says when he goes to the atm at night it dang sure ain't the media he is worried about robbing him or shooting him.

Funny listening to some of the snowflakes talk about how Jackson needs to be revitalized etc etc. I tell ya what, since the liberals are so fond of that idea invest in stores and move there and be a trend setter and see how that goes.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:42 pm

My wife used to pass through there twice a day when she worked in Jackson at Baptist. I'm thankful every day that she is not there anymore, but a lot of her friends still are.
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Description sounded like a gang initiation or something.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:51 pm

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Incredibly scary. Reminds me of a time when my dad and I were stopped at the red light in front of the Mayflower Grill. I was a teen and had just started driving, so I rolled down the window when a panhandler approached with a backpack and asked for money. His pupils were dilated and he was drooling a bit, but I was so torn between the red light and this crazy looking guy that I froze. I think dad gave him most of the change in the car after which he reached in the backpack, dug around, and gave us a stolen CB radio. If he had a gun he could have shot us both dead; I still have the radio in my garage to remind me to not be a dumbass. Never could get it to work.

Even though they've opened a few nice restaurants downtown and remodeled the King Edward, Jackson is still a rough place. Situational awareness is key.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:37 am

Nobody owes you anything.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:58 am

jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:37 am

Nobody owes you anything.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:06 pm

I always assumed the Shoot, Shovel, and Shutup stickers I saw out west only applied to protecting livestock, but maybe they were talking about their daughters as well... :lol:

mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Here's an update and hopefully some closure for this young lady's family.

https://www.google.com/amp/wjtv.com/201 ... ation/amp/

Two suspects in custody.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 pm

In today's world to many walk in around in "white" mode. Meaning unaware of their surroundings. Most everyone that comes to our classes wants to learn more about handgun shooting, and they are surprised to find we talk just as much about being aware of your surroundings as we do about how to use a handgun for self protection. On on our favorite phrases is "get your head out of your app"
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington

Return to “General Discussion Forum”