Is Trump on his way out?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Is Trump on his way out?

Postby fireplug » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:17 pm

Everyone has known all along that Trump was going to be bombarded from every side if he won. I can say that he was just above John Cascich (sp?) on my list of presidential picks. (John Cascich was last on my list) But I voted for Trump because our country couldn't survive Hillary.

Since then it has become obviously clear that they can't assassinate him for fear of retribution so they are pulling out all the stops and creating as much hysteria as they can to get him gone. I'm sure the repubs are setting it up for Pence to take over and the Dems just want power no matter who it is.

Do you guys think Trump makes it to a second term? Do you think he will survive the first term without being forced out?
How do you like your Hope and Change?
420 racin
Veteran

Re: Is Trump on his way out?

Postby 420 racin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Yeah, he will make it through his first term, most sensible people know it is a very very small portion of society that is causing all this trouble. The people that matter, that drive this country, know what he is doing/has done/wants to do and for the most part are behind him. I think the media's infatuation with taking him down, is backfiring on them. Independents and folks in the middle are moving more towards the right, not because they align with the right, but because they absolutely don't align with the left and the crap they are doing.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:00 pm

I think he will make it through the first term as well, but I also believe he is his own worst enemy. I'm truly amazed daily how a guy that is so inarticulate can become president of the greatest country on the planet.

I said it during the primaries that this guy was a disaster waiting to happen and he has yet to prove me wrong. Has he done some good things? Sure, but how is his message getting out with the media still in control? It isn't. He's also done some bad things like keeping Obama holdovers in place. He should have immediately made a clean sweep of anyone loyal to Obama, including generals. Even if it left positions empty for a while.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:56 pm

I heard a few years back during a contract negotiation that you could always tell when good negotiations took place. Neither side would be very happy about it, but they weren't really pissed about it either. That kinda applies here too i think.
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:53 pm

I have been out of the loop this last week and have only watched a small amout of TV what has he said that was not true.
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Nothing, just these little sissy ass pieces of $#!+ cry babies don't want to accept the truth.
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:25 pm

I may eat my words and if I do then that is fine, but I think Trump is so far ahead of everyone that is after or against him that it isn't even funny! I could be wrong, but that is just what I think. He is up earlier and to bed later than any 70+ year old guy that I know.
And........if he left tomorrow he has done a few good things that we will benefit from for a while.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:05 pm

This country is on its way out.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Hell no and Trump is going to make America great again!!! But he is going to need our help. I would encourage every person here reading this to give strong consideration to never voting for any incumbent in any primary election again ever for the rest of your lives.

It is so disgraceful how the Republican establishment is no different than the Democrats in the way they are treating Trump.

It is sickening to me. And we have got to get these career politicians out of office. They do not and have not served their constituents for centuries. Obviously, there can be some exceptions to that in the future. But right now I am fed up.

Edit: TRUMP IS NOT ON THE WAY OUT.
Last edited by Wildfowler on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:11 pm

That's exactly what the media want's you to think!
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:59 pm

It is clear that he lacks a moral compass and is willing to brazenly lie to his constituents and the American people (remember the false promise to make Mexico pay for the wall?). This isn't enough to impeach a president, unless they lie under oath. Bill Clinton already got away with that, so that's not gonna happen.

But, his reckless twitter addiction and lack of a filter during speeches may result in self-incrimination in regards to the Russia investigation.

I don't know if y'all have watched videos of his interviews from the 80s and 90s. If you haven't, you should. He truly is an articulate man in those interactions. It's frankly baffling to see how far his speech has fallen; these days he struggles to convey a complete thought without restarting multiple times or going off on a tangent.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:54 am

The media is the problem. If you fall into the trap of watching too much mainstream media might find yourself thinking that the trump administration will colapsnat any minute.

Even Fox News has become unhinged in their coverage of what they think trump believes about the Charlottesville riots. Key word being what they "think" trump believes.

OAN news direct tv 347 is a reliable source of just news. If you've not watched them, I would encourage you to do so.

In spite of the mainstream media hatred for trump, in spite of their non-stop negative coverage of him, a breath of fresh air can slip through the cracks.

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:01 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:53 am

Edit:

Can you not delete your own post anymore? I was trying to edit and accidentally hit quote.
Last edited by Wildfowler on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:53 am

How about a little more winning this morning?

https://www.frbatlanta.org/cqer/research/gdpnow.aspx

Atlanta Fed GDP forecast 3.8%

If that forecast holds true it would represent a significant departure from the past administration's performance.

I don't believe you're going to hear too much about this from the mainstream media.

At least the Russia false narrative is finally dead.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”