wifi repeaters.....

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

wifi repeaters.....

Postby dukluk » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:08 pm

Anyone know anything about these wifi repeaters???.....I need one really bad.

https://www.boardwalkbuy.com/products/w ... wifi-range
ufgators68
Veteran

Re: wifi repeaters.....

Postby ufgators68 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:40 am

Don't know about that one but I have had good luck with this one...

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/WN3000RP.aspx

It has been under my carport for several years and rarely have an issue with it.
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:14 am

The range extenders have their place. just keep in mind if you're trying to boost a crap single you'll get crap and further issues behind the extenders signal as well. very strong wireless AP's can be had cheap and they can sling good quality signals for long ranges depending on your needs.

The ubiquity AP's are pretty good for the money. (sub$100)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:25 am

I have dealt with those exact extenders before and they do work. But...... there is always a but. There was to much overlap in the house we did it in. So when you went from the bedroom on the east side of the house (extender 1 in there), past the modem / router in the kitchen, to the living room on the west side of the house (extender 2 in there), the ipad/computer/phone, had a hard time dropping one signal for another closer stronger one. So, no dead zone in the house actually hurt us some.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:02 pm

My in-laws recently bought a condo where we live, and I worked out a deal with their neighbors to split the cost of internet service since neither my in-laws nor the neighbors stay there full-time.

I went with the Google Wifi System. It's basically routers that cost about $100 each and can create an extended network of coverage over a house. You can buy a set of 3, or buy 1 and see how far it goes. Buy a 2nd, 3rd, etc. as you need them. They sync up effortlessly, and assist you in locating them to get a good signal.

I only bought 1 for my in-laws place and told the neighbors they can buy their own if they don't get a full signal and want better coverage. The best thing about it is that it's all controlled from an app on your phone. Passwords, network name, devices that are connected, prioritize devices for bandwidth (if you're streaming a movie), and more.

I'm a walking infomercial. I know.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:29 pm

"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:53 am

Sorry for the hi-jack, but what can one do to improve the speed of internet/netflix/iphone access in the home. I don't have any issue getting a signal its just slow as molasses quite often. AT&T is the service provider and we have talked to them and there is no "faster" option at this time.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:37 pm

edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:19 pm

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:10 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”