Caribbean vacations

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
BPT
Veteran

Re: Caribbean vacations

Postby BPT » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:58 am

Check out Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica. Went 5 years ago on our honeymoon. Great place, highly recommend it. And yes, Bob the baker and Elvis will hook you up if you want.
TK
Regular

Postby TK » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:09 pm

My wife and I have been to Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Cabo, and Cancun. I personally enjoy Jamaica more than the others. They all speak English and are very friendly.
sondance
Veteran

Postby sondance » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:18 pm

We did one of those Sandals resorts in the Turks and Cacos a few years ago. It was pretty nice. Didn't include the flight but you could probably get a package.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:54 am

If you are into the all inclusive thing, Couples swept away in negril Jamaica. Food and drink are both excellent. As mentioned for most of the all inclusive in Jamaica, it's about an hour and a half from the airport. On my trips down there the wife and I have met dozens of people that have been to other all inclusives, and to a person they all said they like swept away the best. I've personally never been to another all inclusive, so I couldn't compare it to any of the others.
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:44 pm

How do you like your Hope and Change?
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:33 pm

You aren't supposed to tip at Couples. As a matter of fact, their employees are instructed not to accept them and are supposed to get in trouble if they get caught. That being said, I've heard people say that they have tipped there (but I never have.) The only people you are expected to tip are the private carriers that transport you to the resort ($5-$10 is standard), and the people at the spa. When we go we very seldom leave the resort, but the few times I have I never felt unsafe carrying cash. There are safes in each room as well to keep money, jewelry, etc.. in.
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
dawg-n-duck
Duck South Addict

Postby dawg-n-duck » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:39 pm

Take a stack of singles with you. They greatly appreciate a US dollar and it may even improve your service.
Happy Happy Happy
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:04 am

Belize.

Best non hunting trip I've ever been on. 50 cents on the dollar. Best food and fishing you'll find. Had our own private charter for the two of us for $250 total. Captain and two deck hands and we caught 3 big dorado 2 tuna and 5 barracuda which was then cooked to order at a local restaurant beachside. Spear fished lobster, snorkeled (the barrier reef is Only 1/4 mile from shore. Go to Ambergris caye, rent a golf cart and thank me later. Best food, scenery and not over run with tourists but just enough to feel very comfortable.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
REBEL DUCK
Duck South Addict

Postby REBEL DUCK » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:28 pm

dang champcaller you just sold me my next trip.
Get in where you fit in!
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:40 pm

booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:04 pm

Must be something about Belize. A friend of mine just got back from a cruise that stopped there for a couple of days. He and his wife signed up for every shore adventure/trip that there was, and couldn't get enough of of it. They had never been there before but are ready to go back.

I can't even remember what all they did but it was the highlight of the trip.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
ScottBrown
Veteran

Postby ScottBrown » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:02 am

Hey Champ, where did yall stay?
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:26 pm

fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:37 am

How do you like your Hope and Change?
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:49 am

Champ, I need to pick your brain about Belize. As you know, something happened this weekend, and I am now planning a honeymoon. We're going to Hawaii for 10 days in November so honeymoon will be more laid back. I cant sit and bake on the beach for a week so I need some activities.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”