Looking for a Puppy

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
420 racin
Veteran

Looking for a Puppy

Postby 420 racin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 am

Well a few weeks ago I had to lay my Lab Buddy to rest. He was almost 10 years old. It was an odd situation to say the least. For about the last year or so he has been really skinny along his waist. I took him to the vet at least twice to check this out, all blood work and everything was normal, no heart worms etc.. so we just chalked it up to getting a little age. He would wear out quicker than normal and after hunts it would take him a few days to "recover" so I retired him from hunting, He was a helluva dog though!! Got a many of birds and deer for me in 10 years!!
Well the other day he was having a real hard time breathing and wasn't doing good at all, so we took him to the vet. He had a lot of fluid on his lungs so they gave us some medicine to get that under control. We took him home and that medicine helped and he was almost like himself for a little while but quickly got worse again. We went int he next day and did x-rays. This is when we found out that apparently the reason he was so skinny and having a hard time breathing is that sometime int eh past year or more maybe he was run over or something and it squished his intestines up into his chest cavity and collapsed a lung. It didn't break any bones or anything and we had no idea he had been hit or anything. Well his one lung had developed pneumonia and was infected and there was nothing could be done, so I had to make the decision. Hard thing to do!

But now my son keeps asking me if we can get another dog like buddy.
It's been a few weeks and my other dog mopes around the house now all by herself so I need to find a chocolate lab puppy, Still in the air as to male or female this time...don't know.. but I need to get a puppy so you guys keep an eye out for me please!!
Odis
Veteran

Re: Looking for a Puppy

Postby Odis » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:05 pm

So sorry for your loss, we've all been there
Doc & Nash
Duck South Addict

Postby Doc & Nash » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:16 pm

I have a friend with an all Choc littler he has 6 female left you can text me if you interested901-567-0777
Conservation is number one to all true outdoorsmen

Trey Edwards
UH HRCH Nashs' Legend MH RIP 8/11/02- 10/12/12
The yet to be named Chocolate Dawg
Matt S
Veteran

Postby Matt S » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:20 am

Not sure what kind of pedigree you are looking for but I did see some chocolate litters on La sportsman. I have a couple of friends with very high pedigree chocolates they are about to breed but if you decide to wait.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”