LEO Rant

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

LEO Rant

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:39 am

Ok, I hate to say this, but I have lost all respect for our Federal Law Enforcement Officers. And here's why:

If you do something that you know is wrong once, that is a problem. If you do two things that you know is wrong, that is a big problem. And if those things are done by more than one person/organization, that big problem is systemic. Allow me to explain.

Shortly after Barack Obama was first inaugurated as President of the United States, he held a state dinner for the leader of India. Secret Service failed to keep party crashers from getting to the dinner, and these uninvited guests were even able to get to the Vice President of the United States without so much as a security check as far as we know. (H3ll, I did a better job as a college freshman of keeping crashers out of keg parties!)

Now we find that the Director of the FBI, the Federal Bureau of Investigation - our national police department, was leaking information to the public about ongoing investigations that were being conducted by officers of the FBI (under his supervision). And he did this because he does not like his boss. I am sorry, but this is beyond insubordination. This is in direct violation of his sworn duties, as I understand it.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for our freedom of the press, and I certainly want any information that can be divulged to be so. But to use your position and power within government to actively subvert one of our three branches of government, simply because you don't like it, is in my mind, criminal. (And mind you, his actions were against the same branch of government he worked in. Something about 'cutting off your own nose to spite your face' comes to mind.)

Am I wrong? If so, please enlighten me.
Nobody owes you anything.
Duck Engr
Regular

Re: LEO Rant

Postby Duck Engr » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:55 pm

I wouldn't go that far but I've definitely lost respect (well, happened a long time ago) for our high government officials in DC. It just seems like a petty game. It's all about how they're portrayed in the media. Who's the winner, who's the loser, etc. Most of them don't seem to care about policy at all. Used to it was just the politicians, now it's creeping into the law enforcement realm as well. Sad to see. Those people just have zero sense of reality and how the rest of us live. It's like a disease. They may not act that way when they're elected but give them a couple of years and they catch the disease.

I gave up on worrying about it a long time ago. Just got find my little slice of happiness in the woods away from all of that garbage and hope I don't live long enough to see the big ponzi scheme that is our gov't and finance sector come crashing down.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”