Making You Guys The Experts and Couple of Questions

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Making You Guys The Experts and Couple of Questions

Postby mossyisland » Mon May 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Guys, just wanted to let you know I am using some old post in these forums as topics for articles. I am making you guys the experts. Some of the old topics and responses you have given are some of the most valuable info I have ever read. So, if you see a article with your question or answer in it, don't be alarmed. It is to catch up with some of the other big boys on the block SEO wise.

Updates: How would you like to see the forums narrowed down? I am gonna keep the post but just move them into a new forum.

If i put together a couple of pages that helped you find the best price on atv's/utv's, trucks, hunting gear, etc. would you guys use it. I would coordinate with different dealers across the south and you would just input what you want and I would send that info out to those dealers and see who would give the best price on those items.

example: if you were looking for a ranger, like me last year. Instead of you calling around to see who has the best price, it would send out a email to all the dealers we have a relationship with and they would email you back with the best price through ducksouth. They would I hope pay ducksouth a referral to cover expenses of the site.

I am just trying to make ducksouth a place that offers you something resourceful and in turn can cover the expenses of keeping this place up.

I'll wait here for your thoughts.
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Re: Making You Guys The Experts and Couple of Questions

Postby mallardchaser » Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 pm

Thanks Rocky, that's a great idea.
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Tue May 16, 2017 8:33 am

Rocky, I would support narrowing things down to just a couple of forums - maybe combine all the hunting and fishing forums into the general forum and all the "for sale forums" into one "for sale" forum. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember a setup like this in the old days. Thanks.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Fri May 19, 2017 7:49 pm

I've been thinking about this, lot's of readers but few suggestions, so I'll contribute something.

I believe a resource for finding real info on new atvs/vehicles would be a plus for at least half the members, maybe more. I say half, just guessing that half buy new, while half shop used. If this can translate into revenue for the website then it's a win.

So as to the classifieds, I think the fees for posting in what, the "land" and "dogs", is no longer useful. Some of those policies are 7-10 years old? Free posting with perhaps, minimum 20 member posts would give it a boost, in my opinion. And combined too?

I really liked the habitat forum when we had a few very knowledgeable and active members, but that could be folded into General now. In the future it could always be brought back. Also, I'm not a fan of the fishing, deer or sports forums, but I could be the oddball on that dealio.

I would imagine their really is a staggering amount of good info to mine here for articles. I look forward to whatever comes next.

Remember, if you don't contribute to this topic you can't complain!! Fat chance of that happenin'. :lol:
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Sat May 20, 2017 4:56 am

I think it's a good idea, especially since it's seems there's never enough time in the day.
Peewee

Return to “General Discussion Forum”