Help me understand why

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Long Cut
Veteran

Help me understand why

Postby Long Cut » Fri May 12, 2017 1:28 pm

A grown man would choose to not stand up for the pledge of allegence at an elementary school awards program. I assume he was not disabled as he walked in and sat down just fine. He was not too old appeared to me in his 30s maybe. His wife gave him the stare but he refused to stand. Help me understand if he was protesting something then what good it does at a child's school program. I just don't get it.
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Re: Help me understand why

Postby DoublePslayer » Fri May 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Some folks just need to be hit in the head with a shovel. Twice!
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:54 pm

That angers me to my core...

Ask ol Colin Kaepernick what his pregame decisions from last season have gotten him so far this off season. Heard on the radio this am, as of right now, nobody wants to pick him up even though from a skill standpoint, he's better than a good many backup quarterbacks currently on roster. Granted it not all because of that, but if he hadn't done that he would probably have a contract right now. Just one example of many...
SHERMANATOR
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Fri May 12, 2017 5:51 pm

He's prolly just trying to be different.....but, actually is just a tuurd head.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Fri May 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Everybody has to make a stand these days, probably a lefty who thinks "He ain't my president so this ain't my pledge".
I would like to be an internet bad ass and say that if he was sitting beside me, he'd be getting up, but a scuffle at a kids event, well probably a bad idea to take MY stand there. :lol:

Not pledge of allegiance but related:
I started doing business again at Naval Air Station Meridian. I say "again" because they do something now on base that they didn't do before and it caught me off guard, looking really, really stoopid.

At 7:58 a.m. every day, over the entire base P.A. system, they play a couple of notes of reveille, then the Star Spangled Banner. The entire base comes to a halt, every car & truck, lawn mower, all people outside stop. You stop wherever you are, find and face a flag, or if you can't find one, face the music. Hand over heart optional for us "civvies". Well nobody told me. I was driving on in, didn't hear it in my vehicle whilst listening to Rick & Bubba, parked and hopped out, heard the song blaring, looked around and knew I forked up. Felt bad, company logo on the vehicle, you can't screw up on base ya know. I froze in shame, then moved on after the last note. I'll never let that happen again. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri May 12, 2017 7:42 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Long Cut
Veteran

Postby Long Cut » Fri May 12, 2017 8:34 pm

A scuffle or issue at the school would not have been an option as my wife was the pta parent of the year. I'm dumb but not that dumb. It ticked my wife off to no end as well. I told my wife that I was just glad that my dad who is a retired 38 year grizzled army vet with tours in Iraq and Afghanistan was not there. Dads so pro military and pro America that instead of being called Grandaddy or something like that he elected to be called Sarge by his grandkids. I have no doubt there would have been issues of some sort had daddy been there today.
I've seen this happen 1 other time at a middle school football game from a young man but it was about the time all that was going on in the NFL this past fall so i chalked it up to the guy being young, dumb and impressionable. The guy today knew exactly what he was doing no doubt.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri May 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Sounds like his wife is aware of the repercussions to come and how they will be labeled. Depending on where this took place everyone will soon know of this guys actions and the sad part is the kids will suffer the most. His kids will not be invited to parties etc and the couple will be "that" couple of the community and you know the wife doesn't want to be ostracized and think everyone in town is talking about her or her family. Good luck to her.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon May 15, 2017 10:43 am

Nobody owes you anything.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”