Truck talk

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Re: Truck talk

Postby jtdumallard » Mon May 15, 2017 8:08 am

You beat me to it Vickers. When the banks will loan money on automobiles for 84 months, the auto manufactures will continue to increase prices and continue to post record profits.
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
JMCMILLIN
Veteran

Postby JMCMILLIN » Mon May 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Haven't posted in a while but her is my two cents -

2011 Ford F-150 4x4 - replaced the engine at 140,000 and had several computer issues

2015 GMC 1500 4x4 6.2 -- transmission issue at 74,000 covered under warranty. Condenser just went out on AC - was told there should have been a recall by local oil change guy who said he has at least two replacements a month cost .... $750

I drive a lot - don't know what the next I will be driving but this thread has some good info
Life is tough....it's even tougher if you are stupid - John Wayne
Duck Engr
Regular

Postby Duck Engr » Tue May 16, 2017 1:40 pm

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 am

The ABS front hub wheel bearing thing pizzes me off the most about GM trucks.

My 06 had both replaced twice. My current 12 is rolling on two replacement front hubs.

I've got 255k on my 12 right now. I can't hear so the rattles don't bother me, but I have no idea if my engine is making the lifter rattling noise or not? I hope not because I need to keep rolling on this truck for another year or two if possible.

I just discovered last week that I've been riding around with no spare tire, because my tire spare tire wheel assembly was completely gone from underneath my vehicle. The cable was broken and I have no idea when this occurred. So if anyone found a GM 17" spare tire inch rim with brand-new tire on it somewhere on route between Madison and belzoni it's mine. :lol:
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Wed May 24, 2017 8:02 am

I've been a Toyota man since 2007, when I bought a new 4 door longbed Tacoma.

130,000 miles, driven across the country 4 times, spent a winter in Tok, Alaska (-30 avg temp).

It still drives well; all I've done with it is change the oil, rotate the tires, and replace a couple of fuses after my idiot cousin attached the wrong leads to the battery when he tried to jump his Z-71. No GPS screen, just a radio, CD player, and 4wd.

I think the mid to late-00s were the last years to get a good truck without the electronic bells and whistles they force on you now.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”