Woo Pig Sooie...bang bang

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Woo Pig Sooie...bang bang

Postby eSJay » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:04 am

Your thoughts on this new law in arkieland?

http://abovethelaw.com/2017/03/new-law- ... dea-right/
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
Up2Early
Veteran

Re: Woo Pig Sooie...bang bang

Postby Up2Early » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:34 am

SHR Up2Early's Delta Dawn

Check out my lanyards: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=32696&id=1348690753
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:17 am

I have no problem with the law if it's similar to Ms law about alcohol and cc. Collegiate sporting events have the ability to make a very very easy active shooter incident. Planning for an active shooter would take a whole 5 minutes in order to put one self right in the middle of a lot of soft targets.

For ex. since I'm a state guy let's look at our venues. You can walk right through the hump, if the metal detectors go off and it's busy Event Staff will wave you through. Dudy Noble, same as above but one has other options too.

Davis Wade, do you trust Event Staff or campus police from stopping an active shooter/terrorist from walking right through the gate. I know I surely don't.
Peewee
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:20 am

I, for one, don't like it.

Granted, everyone who carries a gun should have adequate training regarding that firearm. But let's face it. Way too many people are going to be carrying and drinking for that to be a safe environment. Sure, if a bad guy wants to get a gun into a venue and start shooting folks, he can do it. And, an SEC event that is televised would make for a good terrorist target. But let's be real here. Alcohol and gunpowder do NOT mix well. And all it would take is one, well meaning albeit extremely drunk Good Ole Boy to lose his cool about a bad call, and you could find yourself with a situation like Chicago on a Saturday Night.
Nobody owes you anything.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:44 am

Revisiting this. Last Monday was kids day at Trustmark Park. Thousands of elementary school kids were at the game. I attended with my sons class. Middle of the game my son wanted me to get him a pizza so off I head to the Dominos concession stand. As I pass by the front gate there were 3 officers. One was looking at his phone, the other two were shooting the bull with each other. All 3 backs were turned to the wide open front gate. Maybe I am crazy but I always imagine the worst (what could happen). An active shooter (or shooters) could have easily penetrated the park with thousands of innocent kids. Sure there were more cops inside the park but the damage would have already been done. I know a lot of sporting venues work with local law enforcement and DHS to have a plan for these situations but I for one feel I should have the freedom to protect myself and loved ones.
Peewee
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:53 am

In general, I tend to be in the camp that wishes there was a higher regulatory threshold on initial training, currency, and proficiency to be able to carry a concealed weapon. After that, there would be a very short list of places that are even allowed to say "No Guns". Off the list would be all schools, private or public.

Basically, anyone who wants to be on the list needs armed security with controlled entry points equipped with metal detectors.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae

Return to “General Discussion Forum”