RIP Lilwhitelie

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

RIP Lilwhitelie

Postby lilwhitelie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Well it has been a long 13 years and 4 months but the lord decided it was time to call one of my best friends and companions home today. Not sure of my join date on this site but it was mainly due to to the dog training people that were on this forum. I used her registered name as my forum name. She was my second lab and the first I trained the correct way and earned her HRCH before she was 2 years old and she never failed a hunt test on her way to that goal. We had good times and bad times but she was the most dedicated and loyal dog I have ever owned. She was a one man dog. She wasn't a social dog and if you wanted to pet her she would just walk to the other side of me so she would avoid you. Not aggressive but she just only trusted me. She was never a dog I could send anywhere to be run by anyone. I watched from the truck during training as someone attempted this and she was just a nervous wreck and wouldn't do half of what she should have unless she was by my side. She would run a blind as straight as an arrow for miles I believe unless I stopped her. I really couldn't have asked for a more complete and forgiving dog.

She truly was the perfect lab. She never once dug nor chewed anything in the house or yard. For labs this is extrodinary. I told many people I would have a house full if I could clone her. She was a hunt test dog, blood trailer, etc but mostly she was my best friend . She was there through thick and thin when it was just me and her.

She was my flowers girl at my wedding but could have been my best man as well since she had been by my side for so long. She trusted very few but grew to love my wife and became my now 4 year old little girls best friend. There was nothing my little girl could do to that dog to make her upset and I am grateful I have many pictures to capture those times she was dressed as Elsa or forced to sit at a tea party.

About two years ago she had a tumor come up that was bigger than a tennis ball and i was scared it was cancer. Shortly it ruptured before her planned surgery and I feared she was getting septic but it turned out she was bleeding internally when he started surgery. He advised me to put her down but it was so sudden I asked if there was any other option?? He said he could remove as much of the tumor and liver as possible and maybe she would have a chance but most likely the cancer would spread. That was 2 years ago so my family got her for 2 extra years and she seemed to be doing well for her age.

I won't ramble on but it's just a bad day and maybe this is therapy a little. I could write for days about this animal but the lord took her today and I know she is in a good place now so I am at peace. He gave me over 13 years with her which is longer than most so I am grateful. I know she is now by the side of the lord and he just got a great one. See you again old girl, you are now with your mother Madison that started my lab journey and I hope y'all are having a blast. Thanks for the memories. Insert as many tears as possible here.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
maverick21
Veteran

Re: RIP Lilwhitelie

Postby maverick21 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:46 pm

Sorry for your loss
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:23 am

Always hard to lose a great dog. Sorry for your loss.
Peewee
Up2Early
Veteran

Postby Up2Early » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:38 am

Sorry for your loss. It's amazing how they can steal your heart.
SHR Up2Early's Delta Dawn

Check out my lanyards: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=32696&id=1348690753
Odis
Veteran

Postby Odis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:10 am

I am so sorry, I know exactly how you feel, time will heal
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:17 am

Every time I sign in here or many other forums I will always be reminded of that dog. I could change my screen name but she is the reason I joined this place to begin with. Losing the good ones is just not an easy task. I work in an ER so death is common but when you can relate to an animal as I did with her it just takes a different course. I spent more hours with that dog that many do their kids. I will never forget the joys and memories she brought me and my family. I really wanted to go turkey hunting and just sit peacefully in the woods this morning and remineiss but a busy nite at work just didn't pan out. Was hoping maybe she would send one my way but probably best because I am sure I would have lost it if hat had happened.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Tedl10
Duck South Addict

Postby Tedl10 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:09 am

So very sorry for your loss.
Cash's Loaded Gun - Case

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after. It's a reckonin" - Doc Holliday

Ted Lloyd, Jr.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:40 am

Sorry for your loss, I know it's like family.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:04 am

Sorry bud.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:10 am

Prayers sent. Nothing like them.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:31 am

I found some old pics of Angus the other night and started tearing up.

Prayers sent, it's a hard, hard thing.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
Odis
Veteran

Postby Odis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:44 pm

I expect this statement will draw some criticism and I am definitely not looking for that (or trying to draw it out of the crowd). I lost mine at almost 14 years last August and he was probably the last one that will truly be mine. But one thing I remember thinking after the loss was; you never really own a dog, your just very lucky to have had one on your life, that goes for the best retriever to the best lap dog! They are special creatures that God has allowed to be part of our life. Please just remember the good times, I'm sure that you will! They are special animals that are a part of your life. be thankful for the times you had, don't forget them, but remember she cannot be replaced (mine couldn't and I'm sure you'res can't either). I've got a new puppy, but he's not my last one (not by a long shot; at least right now). I am terribly sorry for your loss. Nobody that has ever loved one has not felt what you're feeling right; It hurts like #%<! Time will make it a little better but maybe not right now. I miss my last, still, very badly but it will be OK. When mine died, I told my kids that somebody upstairs probably needed a good dog and called mine up! Remember the times that you had and look forward (if possible)
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:11 pm

[quote="Odis"]I expect this statement will draw some criticism and I am definitely not looking for that (or trying to draw it out of the crowd). I lost mine at almost 14 years last August and he was probably the last one that will truly be mine. But one thing I remember thinking after the loss was; you never really own a dog, your just very lucky to have had one on your life, that goes for the best retriever to the best lap dog! They are special creatures that God has allowed to be part of our life. Please just remember the good times, I'm sure that you will! They are special animals that are a part of your life. be thankful for the times you had, don't forget them, but remember she cannot be replaced (mine couldn't and I'm sure you'res can't either). I've got a new puppy, but he's not my last one (not by a long shot; at least right now). I am terribly sorry for your loss. Nobody that has ever loved one has not felt what you're feeling right; It hurts like #%<! Time will make it a little better but maybe not right now. I miss my last, still, very badly but it will be OK. When mine died, I told my kids that somebody upstairs probably needed a good dog and called mine up! Remember the times that you had and look forward (if possible)[/quote

Nothing to criticize. Every dog is different and has a place in your heart. They are like people in that they have different personalities etc. I have owned 4 now and each one was different. My first was the best hunting dog ever. From ducks to deer to squirrels and dives etc. it was if she knew what you were hunting each trip. She was a digger and chewer as well and would have gone home with anyone if they tried to take her. She was my first and loved her to death. My next was her daughter that was the one I just put to rest. She was the most loyal and best all arounfd dog I could have ever had. She will never be replaced. I know that but I have her granddaughter to carry on the gene pool and she is now the only one I have but I know she will never replace Lilly and I am fine with that. She is her own dog and I love her just the same.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
bustercat64
Veteran

Postby bustercat64 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:57 am

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost mine last July and I am still trying to get over it. Several years ago at Christmas my family gave me a larger collage of her hunting. While deer hunting one weekend my wife had a very good friend take her hunting and had them take pictures and from that they made the collage. Mine like yours is what brought me to this site also joining several retriever clubs. When I think back on mine and the things we did together the fund raiser that you and many from this page put on at your place for Catch a Dream. Watching you and all your dogs go swimming that day is something I remember. Praying for you.
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:12 am

Sorry man!! Not everyone can understand this kind of friend,, You never get over it, you just learn to live with it!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”