"Ducks on the Pond"

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
stitch
Duck South Addict

"Ducks on the Pond"

Postby stitch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Asking for a friend.........is it illegal to let domesticated ducks such as Rouens, Muscovey, and Peking ducks "run free" in a farm pond or neighborhood pond?

My friend lives in a neighborhood with a couple of lakes. There are ducks / always have been "domesticated" ducks on the lakes. Ducks are provided food. He started noticing some ducks that were "dropping" eggs in about 6" of water right on the edge......so he went to a famous poultry website to asked what he should do about the situation and he got "hammered". Was told it was not only inhumane, but also illegal.....most of the harsh responses were from Yankees....

1-I understand it may be illegal to turn ducks loose "in the wild", but is it illegal to do so in said residential area?

2-What can my friend do regarding the eggs in the water? Couple of ducks in question won't go into nesting boxes. Pick them up and put in an incubator?
levi127
Duck South Addict

Re: "Ducks on the Pond"

Postby levi127 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:16 am

You would be suprised how many places will not help you or take them in. We had a hen lay eggs in our flower bed and leave them pretty much. I even contacted DU and they wouldnt help.
We got them and put in a heater and hatched them.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff

Return to “General Discussion Forum”