Building a home - Couple questions

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Building a home - Couple questions

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:46 am

I know this is not a black or white answer but what range is the "going rate" so to speak for building a new home?

2nd question - Clearing a lot. If I needed a half acre to 1 acre cleared - what could i expect there?

These are basic questions so basic answers will do. I am just trying to get a ball park here.

Thanks guys. I have not posted much but I still read the boards from time to time. We just had my 1 year old's birthday and we are expecting another in July. Alan Jackson said it best - Time Marches On.

Walton
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Re: Building a home - Couple questions

Postby jtdumallard » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:48 pm

I just finished building a custom and without the cost of the land, i am all in at $91 per sq ft. This includes irrigation, landscape, and 100 pallets of sod.

The land clearing i cleared 1 acres and have 20k tied up in removal of trees and building of pad with multiple compaction test.

I would advise talking with someone who is a GC and does it for a living.
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
sondance
Veteran

Postby sondance » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:35 pm

I cant speak to much of that. I just had a guy with a mulcher come out and do some clearing for me and he charged $150 hr for clearing
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:15 pm

De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Postby mallardchaser » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:03 pm

I'm a homebuilder in the Jackson, Madison and Brandon area. There are way to many variables to quote a price without looking at the plans and discussing finishes like granite, wood etc. I'd talk with a friend or someone you know whose recently built in your area. They should be able to give you the name of a builder they were happy with. Any reputable dirt man will come out and give you a price for clearing your lot and putting in your dirt pad.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:27 am

Thank you for the good info.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”