Prayers

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Re: Prayers

Postby mudsucker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:46 pm

Shaun Mayette called me on my Ship yesterday as I was getting ready to leave for my time off to ask if I had heard about Ronnie. I had not and it hit me like a punch to the gut. It was a long ride home as I thought about meeting Ronnie when he first moved to Rankin Co. I sold him a ticket to our DU event off this forum. Soon after I had a tree fall on my house and put out the word for a chainsaw or two on here. Did not expect it but, Ronnie and Mandy showed up to help even though they were new to the area, That is the kind of guy he was. Helping others. He did some work on a laptop we were having trouble with. He knew his trade frontwards and backwards! The 'puter worked like a charm after that. All I could think of was sweet Mandy and His son Noah and the tragic loss they face. My heart aches for them. RIP, brother Ronnie.
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
huntersmky
Duck South Addict

Postby huntersmky » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:09 am

I only knew Ronnie through my many years on the board but he always seemed like a hell of a guy that would help someone with anything. I'm so sorry for you fellows that lost a friend and brother but even more sorry for Noah that will grow up without a father. My dad too died when I was 7 and that's extremely tough at that age. Godspeed RJohnson. Prayers for him, his family, and you guys that called him a friend.
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:01 am

Very sad to hear. I saw the wreck and had no idea who it was. Prayers for his family
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
Agua
Veteran

Postby Agua » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:56 am

Wow. Shock. Only knew him from the board and his sharp wit. Sorry to all his family. Prayers up for a good dude.
Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:24 am

Praying for his wife and his son....May the dear Lord comfort his family as much as possible...I hate to hear this and know that this place will miss him along with all the members....
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:21 am

Although it tears my heart out every time i view this tribute to our dear friend Ronnie, i still cant keep from going to it over and over again.
Ronnie, Mandy, and Noah have sort of become an extended part of my family over the last few years.
Ronnie was an adopted member of my hunting club. He and my son Keever are the only members. Keevers membership is constantly in limbo, Ronnie's never was. Since Ronnie and i have hunted together on out of state hunts in the past, we sort of formed a bond because we seem to be good luck for each other........we always killed ducks when we hunted together, he was a good hunter, and as a bonus he was pleasant to hunt with. Anyone who has been on extended hunting trips or has spent time in a blind with someone knows what i mean.
When i got this new place to hunt back in 2015-2016 season, I called Ronnie to hunt with me often. My son had his cast of characters that he carried as guest so i needed a buddy to hunt with me as we were often splitting up into 2 groups. I needed a "young blood" hunting buddy with a real passion for duck hunting to enjoy the chase with me. As Keever and his hunting buddy "Durt" stated often.........."Ronnie's your man". That's right, Ronnie was my man, my buddy, my friend,my lets go go go and chase them!! That year we had a large time and became thick as thieves.

Early this last year we began discussions on fixing the camp house and making it livable. We were only using it the first year as a staging area to hold decoys and other equipment. We needed it to be family and friends livable. Ronnie jumped in like a Tasmanian devil with list, ideas,tools, energy to spare. We spoke weekly about plans, needs, next steps,etc.,etc. By opening weekend 2016 we were 95 % there.
Every weekend we would stay at the camp and multiple times Mandy, Noah, and Penny(retriever) would come to hunt with us. It was very important to him to have a place that his family could come and enjoy "camp life" with him. There was a big push to get Mandy her first duck and to carry Noah to give him an early start on a sport that Ronnie was so passionate about. We hunted, we cooked, we campfired, we just hung out. Many of you know how funny and dry witted Ronnie was. What i came to realize was that Ronnie, Mandy, and Noah together was a riot, an absolute hoot! I dont know when i have had a better time with a family other than my own.
Another thing i came to realize quickly was his wisdom and kindness. For such a young man, he was very thoughtful and offered great advice and insight. I observed this many times while listing to his conversations with my son. We would always joke and pick at each other but you realized quickly that there was real substance to this man. He is not one to be easily shaken. He was grounded in what really matter..... Christ,family,friendships.
Thats who he was. Ronnie would talk about all 3......just get the conversation started.
I guess im typing this as therapy for myself and i know many of those that call him "friend" have similar stories.
This just happens to be spilling out of me right now.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Postby jtdumallard » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:31 am

This is the first i have heard of Ronnie's passing. Crushed is an understatement. As others have already stated, Ronnie was as loyal of a friend as anyone could ask for. Thankful to know he had a personal relationship with our savior Jesus and to know he is resting in his arms. Praying for Mandy and Noah. Please post the arrangements when they are made known.
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:50 am

Visitation
Friday, February 17, 2017
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Ott & Lee Funeral Home-Brandon
1360 W. Government St.
Brandon, Mississippi 39042

Visitation
Saturday, February 18, 2017
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM
Pinelake Church
6071 MS-25
Brandon, Mississippi 39047

Memorial Service
Saturday, February 18, 2017
11:00 AM
Pinelake Church
6071 MS-25
Brandon, Mississippi 39047
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:53 am

Novacaine, Vickers and others I know were much closer to Ronnie than most, and I'm sure y'all have thought about this but I'd be happy to help gather some of my old hunting clothes and gear for Noah as I'm sure Ronnie would want him to know the sport of duck hunting. I'd be glad to help with a hunt anyway I can when he's ready so his dad's friends can tell stories about his old man one day. Might be to soon but y'all let us know what he needs and me and the rest of us will be sure he gets it. Gun, call, clothes, whatever just let us know.

I hate Ronnie is gone and I can't imagine what Mandy and Noah are going through. Bless them.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:32 am

donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:15 pm

IMG_1169.JPG

sunrise shared closing morning 2017 with rjohnson, driveby, novacaine & keever (a.k.a. water cowboy)
Last edited by donia on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:43 pm

I saw a facebook post about Ronnie that Gator posted and it got me remembering and laughing about some of Ronnie's antics.
Have you ever seen a man that carried more candy, treats, drinks, nicknacks and crap in his blind bag than Ronnie Johnson. I bet you could have bet him $100 to show you a wiring harness for a 1967 model 856 international harvester tractor and he would have pulled one out and taken your money...........His blind bag must have been some type of 4 th dimension space time continuum contraption! :D Now dont get me wrong, i appreciated the fact that he was gonna keep everybody jacked up on chocolate, cheese, and other trinkets!
He would also pull up some annoying youtube video that would get stuck in your head for days.
Then he would text you a day or 2 later with some of the words or melody just to get the whole thing started over again. He would get the biggest kick out of that........
Look up "Yoda, stop it now" or Yoda, seagulls.........................get that crap stuck in your head :lol:
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”