erosion control

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
gps4
Veteran

erosion control

Postby gps4 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:44 am

we trying to sell our house. the primary requirement in offers we have received from potential buyers is to repair a broke down, rickety wood fence between my house and my neighbors house. the neighbor's fence was on her side of the line (on the downhill slope of a hill between our two yard) and used to keep her dogs in her yard and my dogs in my yard...until my dog dug under the fence and a tree fell on it. so for the last couple years, its been a non-functioning eyesore.

i am replacing the fence on my neighbor's side of the line with a fence on my side of the line, which would be on top of the hill, rather than build it on the downhill slope. however, the holes dug buy my dog have turned into bad sinkholes and washes that need to be repaired before i rebuild the fence. The fence will effectively cut off access to the hill from my side, and make any future repairs to the hill more difficult. i have some guys lined up to give me quotes on dirt work to restore the slope and crown of the hill so i can move on to the fence.

I want to make sure that the dirt work does not erode before vegetation grows back. so, my question is this-

what is the best, most economical (least expensive) way to prevent the new slope and crown from eroding until grass starts to grow on it?

thanks in advance.
bigdecoy
Regular

Re: erosion control

Postby bigdecoy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:18 am

Give me a call and we can talk specifics . I have work on/ designed dozens of like projects.
I am retired and will be glad to help. Greg - 6019534385

Return to “General Discussion Forum”