BOAT TRAILER AXLE FAILURE RANT!! ANGER & FURY

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
the doctor
Duck South Addict

Re: BOAT TRAILER AXLE FAILURE RANT!! ANGER & FURY

Postby the doctor » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:12 pm

I feel the same way about trailer lights!

the doc
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:32 am

I learned the trailer light solution here.

You need to run an extra ground wire from each light all the way back the ground on the rear connector of the tow vehicle.

Once I did this, my issues went away. As long as I quit breaking the lights. Hahaha
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:34 am

Funny story about trailer lights. I was pulling a trailer through downtown Brandon right at the statue and this d!ck of a MHP pulled me over. I literally had the lights and receipt from auto zone and my bag sitting on the passenger seat to go run a complete new harness and lights. You can see my house from the statue and I was headed there to work on my boat but he would have none of it. When I finally realized I was getting the ticket regardless I politely asked him, "have you ever owned a boat trailer or trailer in general? You cant keep lights on them" to which he replied "I have one and my dog chews the harness off of mine 3 times a year and I still fix mine". I laughed and replied "maybe next time you should get a new flucking dog". I already had the ticket soo...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”