What Yall Think About Trump Now

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Re: What Yall Think About Trump Now

Postby NyssaAquatica » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:57 am

A few points of contention for me:

I'm not a fan of his denial of climate change and plans to deregulate oil and gas extraction. Renewables are the wave of the future and we already get a greater return on investment for each dollar put into 'green' energy than for each put into fossil fuel production. I'm not saying it's time to cut off fossil fuel use altogether; that would be foolish and impractical, but a reinvestment in such energy is just as foolish.

I also don't like his plans to take the teeth out of the EPA. Environmental regulations help maintain vital ecosystem services such as clean water, air, and public recreation opportunities. Eliminate them and the world our children inherit will be much worse off than the one we were given.

The so-called 'muslim ban' is not an effective means to deter terrorism. It's not much more than lip service to his constituency, especially considering Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have been left off the ban list. However, leftists whining about racism and fascism don't make the situation any better. Muslims aren't a race and this isn't close to fascism, so they are coming across as hysterical and blind to the real issue, which is that neither side has an effective means to deter terrorism. The left refuses to admit that 15% of muslims worldwide want to implement sharia law, which comes out to 150 million people with a medieval mindset incompatible with our world. On the other hand, the right seems willing to go forward with a near-universal ban, which ignores the 50% of muslims that view sharia law as abhorrent; that 50% could be a great ally to combat terrorism, but they're not being utilized.

So, in my opinion Trump's off to a rocky start. But, he's got four years to either get it together or let it go off the rails.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:43 am

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:44 am

He will do two terms and then his son will run. Democraps are done for a while!
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:08 am

Nothing like spending 27 months in a Muslim war zone only to come home and realize your government is bringing in the same savage dogs who tried to kill you all that time. Anybody got any idea how that feels? Not many, I can tell you that. I say the government should do everything within its power to keep them out. As for the ones who are here, if they're here legally, but not citizens I don't feel like the 4th amendment protects them, so watch them closely. Deport all who are here illegally and come down HARD on "sanctuary cities". Prosecute those in charge for ignoring federal law and strip federal funding.
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:24 am

was watching a series on netflix about the 80's last night. there was a segment in one of the first couple episodes in which real estate mogul donald trump was featured. they had a clip from an interview that took place in the early to mid 80's and he was asked if he had any political aspirations and he answered no. it made me chuckle to think how times have changed in the last 30 years. looking at him when he was young and on the rise and thinking to my self, i bet he never imagined he'd be leader of the most powerful country in the free world.

correct me if i am wrong, but he had never been elected to, or maybe even run for any public office before running for president, right?

not school board, county supervisor, city counsel, mayor, state legislature, governor, us congress, nothing....and goes out and whips the ever loving dog stink out of his opponents.....

i'm stoked....
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Peewee
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Nobody owes you anything.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:05 am

420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:53 am

Here's my take on it. as related toe h EPA and the like and the "Muslim Ban"

The EPA is a joke, they are not concerned with the protection of the environment. It's primary function, (maybe it wasn't designed this way but it is now) is to make certain people rich at the expense of others (you and me).
I agree Nyssa that the only way the system works is for it to be operated fairly, which I promise it isn't now. currently if you have enough money you can perhaps, build a road across an auxiliary channel of the MS River and raise it up several feet, clear wide swathes of wetlands for property lines/fences while you divide up your property for sale. and the EPA won't bother with this person (maybe) because they have money, yet if you or I were to build a pond on an ephemeral stream in our back yard, we would be hit with C&D's and fines perhaps and then the mitigation, which is a damn racket, that would drive the cost of such endeavor out of reach. Of course all this is on a perhaps basis, of course.
We need environmental regulations for sure but what we have now, they currently are nonsensical and do not work....I know, this is what I do everyday.

As for the "muslim ban" I say hell yeah, the old saying one bad apple spoils the whole damn bunch...maybe it applies here. All these people talking about the moderate muslims and the ones that don't want to kill us, etc... I say BS, I been over there, and felt like there were very very very few locals that would not have killed me or you or anyone had they had the opportunity. It's pretty damn simple to me, Islam is the $#!+ religion of the world and heeds to go. The only, I repeat only way to defeat the muslim extremists etc.. is to 100% wipe them off the planet.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:01 pm

The EPA and climate change stuff is interesting to debate. There's really only a couple big issues right now and our cultural suicide is maybe the biggest. And all in the name of inclusiveness?! Yeah boy. They're just like us. :roll: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 68791.html
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:27 pm

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:59 pm

NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:13 pm

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:27 am

I'll care about the rest of the globe when our section of it is safe.
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:12 am

^^^^^^^^^^^ This is right on!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”