Duck Band Rules

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Duck Band Rules

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:16 am

Alright I got a pissed member. Killed a band yesterday, and there were 3 people in the blind. Two of which are members and 1 guest. Decided to pull cards, and the guy pissed drew a 2, other guy drew an Ace. Alright everything is okay until last night when the guy that drew an Ace killed a band last year by himself. So here is rule that was set wayyyy back when (I didn't know we have a band rule, and I have killed 4 in 4 years.). A rule of which I have never voted on, and 4 other members have not voted on . Only 3 members left that were in the club to begin with.

There are 8 members. If a banded duck is killed, and a member has harvested a band before, then that member cannot draw on the band. The only way a member that has won or killed a band to get another one is to outright kill it by himself (no members present). Other than that members that have a band have to wait until every member gets a band before he can draw again.
You have to be present
You have to shoot on the banded bird, however this is up in the air since one can lie and say oh I was in on it.

I have never heard of such crap in my life. I have always been one of which if we kill a bird, and it is banded we draw cards. You might get the band every time, but I do not care. I sure can't imagine killing a band and saying well here you are since you do not have one. Ps we are talking about a 38 year old man, not kids.

My opinion is this. If you shoot on a bird and it is banded then we draw cards. If I did not shoot or know I killed the band, then I do not want any part of it. Just like you shouldn't if you didn't kill it, or shoot at it.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Re: Duck Band Rules

Postby deltadukman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:28 am

So you're admitting party shooting is a common practice at your camp :wink:
AubreyLaHaye

Postby AubreyLaHaye » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:41 am

I'm pretty much in agreeance with you GET-N-RITE. The rule is a bit on the ridiculous side and definitely over complicates an otherwise simple situation. Unless its an obvious kill on the banded bird cards/straws get drawn and winner takes home the band, no questions asked.
"it's better to be perceived as stupid, than to speak and remove all doubt"
-someone smarter than me
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:45 am

teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:50 am

So, by the rule, ole Jack last name Claimer and Tommy Topper could be limited out, sitting in the back of the huge blind, eating breakfast, and watching the stripper dance, not firing a shot when a band is killed, and still end up with it.
Horse shi+ of a rule says I.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:57 am

chevy01234
Duck South Addict

Postby chevy01234 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:43 am

The Millenial Mallard Participation Trophy Club! I like it! Bernie set you guys up great!

YOU get a band, YOU get a band, YOU get a band....but no band for the guy that shot it because he has too many bands as it is.

What a crock of $#!+.
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:53 am

novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:11 am

Cut it in half or 3rds and give everyone a piece :roll:
My interpretation of "must be present to win" is you actually have to be shooting at said banded duck.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:57 am

the club must be named Communist Hunting Club. What a load of crap
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:50 am

Interesting system for distributing bands.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Well the system is fixed now (Shame you need a system.) After about a 30 min conversion on why, and the options given to disgruntled member he took the high road. Options given were get out, we will vote you out, or go with the new rule (must shoot at special duck, and high card wins.) I swear I haven't had to baby a grown man over something so stupid. That lasted about 5 minutes before I lost my cool. Anyway said member that hunts about 6 times a year will have to draw a card, or wait another 10 years before he sees a band again. Which ever comes 1st.

Good day fella's. Best of luck on the closer.
DuckBoat
Veteran

Postby DuckBoat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:34 pm

All this over a piece of aluminum bent in a circle.

That reminds me I got a couple in the glove box from last season I never called in. I don't even remember what day I killed them now.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:24 am

i would literally slap that guy and tell him to go home - he doesn't even deserve to carry a gun. my 5 year old daughter takes rejection better than that, and if she acted like that - she knows she would get her but tore up....

they sound like a bunch of Hillary supporters.

this is why i mainly hunt solo - to many people bitch about crap that never matters.
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:30 am

A band rule??? Sounds like a bunch of trophy deer hunters.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”