I Hate a Thief - Update - Help/Advice

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

I Hate a Thief - Update - Help/Advice

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:59 am

As some of you know, I have a house for sale in Clinton. Well, we left a couple of nice furniture items in the house when we moved, simply because we didn't have room for them yet.

Last month, a Realtor from another brokerage, who did NOT follow the instructions set by my Realtor, showed the house to a couple of thugs. These upstanding citizens decided to disconnect the garage door opener and left the doors to the laundry room unlocked. (the door to the garage AND the door to the back yard.)

Then when they left the Realtor, whom I shall refer to as "Beavis', they came back and helped themselves to a very nice chair and sofa. No, 'Beavis' did not secure the house when they left. Yes, I filed a police report with the City of Clinton. Yes, I filed a complaint with the Mississippi Real Estate Commission. Yes, I did some research to find the values of the items stolen and it comes to about $4,000.00 (ballpark). Yes, I am mad as h311. Yes, I want to sue this Realtor and Broker who let thug #1 and thug #2 in my house. No, I don't want to file this on my insurance because I would still lose on the deal. Yes, I have spoken to an attorney, but haven't gotten a straight answer from him. And yes, I would like to hear a straight legal answer to my dilemma on how to get restitution.

Rant over. D@mmit. :evil:
Last edited by jacksbuddy on Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody owes you anything.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Re: I Hate a Thief

Postby msudawg8087 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:48 am

I swear...you can't have anything nice these days. Somebody's always out to take what they don't have. I live in Clinton myself. What neighborhood was this in if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me if need be.
SHERMANATOR
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:22 am

Stonegate, right behind the Methodist Church.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Just got off the phone with CPD about the theft that took place on 12/29/16. The officer I spoke with didn't know why I was given his name because the case hasn't even been assigned to anybody yet so that they will start investigating. SMH
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:21 pm

how do we know beavis isn't in on it?

how bad would it be for beavis' business and his broker if the public were to find out that beavis might be in on the theft?

how much would beavis and his broker pay to make sure a suit was not filed against them and their clients?

just asking....
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:06 pm

De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:22 am

Seems to me you have a pretty legitimate claim against Beavis and company. Then again that's using common sense and respect for others.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:21 am

What about all the good men of the world named Beavis?

#triggered
#somebodygetBeavisasafespace
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:25 am

Oh, and also, I think a thief is as low as the bottom of an ISIS sugar ditch. Lower than goat hair in the bottom of a Taliban chitter tank. Piece of garbage, is what a thief is.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:29 am

But I bet there's a feller out there who's integrity isass tight as the doors on a Cadillac, and I'm certain his name is Beavis.

Let us rename him Barack?

jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:21 am

greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:36 am

teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:44 am

I assume that Bevis and both thugs are of the same ..... umm... "persuasion"? Democrat?
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 am

Call his brokerage firm, could have been an honest mistake. He didn't know that the thugs were doing this as he/she was showing the house. Find out who their Professional liability carrier is(commonly referred to as E&O) make claim and be done. It sucks, thugs suck, irresponsibility sucks. B!tching and ranting to a bunch of white dudes on the internets accomplishes nothing.
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:02 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”