I Hate a Thief - Update - Help/Advice

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Re: I Hate a Thief

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Nobody owes you anything.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:34 pm

gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:12 pm

jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:00 pm

jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:00 am

Ok, d@mmit. I spoke with the broker last week, who asked for a copy of the police report. They said that they wanted to review it before giving me their E&O insurance information. Fair enough. They said they would give this information to me by Monday or Tuesday of this week. Good.

Seeing as it is now Thursday, it is time to call an attorney on this. Who does the DS Braintrust suggest I contact? Any suggestions? Let me know.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Re: I Hate a Thief - Update - Need a Lawyer

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Well, I heard back from the Real Estate Commission. They sent me a copy of the response by the broker for this particular "Beavis in Question".

And although I did not expect them to be overly nice about the situation, I didn't think a professional person, as they claim to be, would make such comments. Now I have been called a lot of things in my life, by a lot of different people, but never a liar and a criminal. No. This does not sit very well with me and my protestant upbringing.

For what it is worth, I DO have evidence to back up my statements. But the slanderous (I think that's a word) comments made by the Beavis in charge are in writing, and part of a public investigation! To say the least, I am rightly ticked off. (And this is after sleeping on it overnight so as to calm down.)

Do any of you guys know a lawyer I need to call? Please send me details. Thank you.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Re: I Hate a Thief - Update - Help/Advice

Postby eSJay » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:37 pm

This board is full of Attorneys & the ones I know of are all good people. You just need to find the one that specializes in this particular area. Sorry, I cant help you there.
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:59 pm

so i'm sitting here thinking of the possibilities of bringing most negative attention to the broker and agent.

suit could be filed against the agent and broker for their suspected involvement in the theft, or in the alternative, gross negligence in failing to secure the property after it had been shown.

i reckon if the plaintiff had some really close friends that would help them out, they could call the Beavis to schedule a time for him to show them a house. and whilst they were there in the house, the process server could show up and serve the agent with process and make it known in a very loud and aggressive tone that the agent was getting served with a lawsuit for his involvement with the theft of homeowner's property by the folks he been showing the house to. or, the process server could follow the agent to a showing to complete strangers and do the same thing. (this could also be done with the broker if the broker actually shows properties himself.)

on top of that, it would be really easy to find out which houses in the local market are listed with that particular broker, and as a part of the plaintiff's "investigation," letters could be sent from the plaintiff's counsel to the homeowner describing what happened to the plaintiff, explaining that the lawyer's client had reason to believe the agent and broker were in on it or at the very least grossly careless in locking up the house, and "inquiring" if they had experience similar occurrences at their homes, or if they had noticed anything missing after the broker or his agents had shown the home.

then, the plaintiff's attorney could have subpoenas issued (but not necessarily served) on the other homeowners who have their houses listed with the offending broker.

seems like that would cause a lot more heat and embarrassment for the broker and the agent than a complaint to the real estate commission.

unfortunately, the trouble to go through all this would probably be more expensive than you would get out of the broker and agent by the time it is all over.

please keep in mind, this is not legal advice. this is "how to be an a## hole" advice.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:27 pm

jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:39 am

LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:52 pm

So.....? Why don't we know who is involved yet?
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:00 am

Bamawebfoot
Veteran

Postby Bamawebfoot » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:21 am

I used to own an office here in Alabama. Come to find out that one of my agents had a bad drinking problem We will call her "Moochelle". She holds an open house. The next day Iget a call from an irate owner. "Moochelle" has drank alot of their booze. Next day, "Moochelle" is needing to find a new brokerage to work for and I am buying about $200 worth of booze for the guy.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:19 pm

I finally got around to reading Beavis' statement to the MREC last week. Apparently, the police are lying too. According to the police, Beavis showed the house to two black males who had "messed with" the garage door opener. Beavis had only gotten the name and telephone number of one of the black males.

By the time Beavis had spoken with the Broker and made a statement to them, the two black males had become a black family - a husband, wife, and 15 year old daughter. And the husband was in a wheel chair, so they could not have reached the chord to disengage the garage door opener. Oh, and the realtor was the only one to operate the garage door from inside the house AND Beavis distinctly remembers locking all of the doors.

Did I mention that Beavis is very active in their church, and as such, would never make so great a error? Because we all know that church people don't do those sorts of things. Yeah, MY eyes are rolling too.
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Wait a minute- lemme see if I'm reading this right. Beavis tells po-po that he showed it to two black males, one of which fooled with the garage door.

Then the broker tells the REC that beavis showed it to a black family and police are lying about what beavis told them.

?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”