What a load of crap

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Re: What a load of crap

Postby stang67 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:17 pm

I wish statewide deer surveys were as scientific.
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:11 am

De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 am

This week I havent been but I know the first two weeks of Jan there were for sure plenty of ducks .

A man who won't has no advantage over the man who can't.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:46 pm

What an amazing satellite photo.

Thanks.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
GreyDuck

Postby GreyDuck » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Attachments
470birds.png
GreyDuck

Postby GreyDuck » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:36 pm

I'm not doubting the guys at the MDWFP are doing a solid job. I don't believe they would cook any kind of number either. Most fields that hold big numbers aren't the kind you can usually see from a good gravel road and certainly not on the blacktop. Regardless the reports I've heard and participated in do not resemble 1.4 million birds. I will say that anectodal stories and reports are often crap as well.

I don't know the truth.
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Seems I may have been a little out of line with this post. First, I'd like to apologize to Alec and all of the men and women who dedicate their time and effort into providing the public with this information. I never intended to imply that the information was purposely misleading. While I may not agree with the reports, it was uncharacteristic of me both professionally and personally to dismiss such without regard for the work and effort put forth by these individuals. "A load of crap" was and is a poor choice of words for something this armchair biologist disagrees with based merely on my personal observations and the hearsay of my limited circle of contacts. This post was made purely out of frustration from what has easily been the absolute worst season in my 20 years of duck hunting. I've only been on 8 hunts this year. 2 of those I fired my gun. The other 6 I don't even think I took the calls out of my pocket. The majority of people in my circle share the same sentiment. I'm not trying to make excuses, just trying to share my perspective. As bad as the last 2 years have been for me, it was very hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that the largest population count conducted by this method in the last 12 years was this year. That being said, if the numbers were there, then so be it. Wouldn't be the first time I acted like and ass by opening my mouth when I shouldn't, and probably won't be the last. Again, Alec I apologize and I'll leave the duck counting to the professionals from here on out.
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:57 am

De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman

Return to “General Discussion Forum”