Ronnies trailers is Kosciusko

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Ronnies trailers is Kosciusko

Postby bulldog ducker » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Anyone bought a trailer from there? Got the best price from him on a 12 foot dovetail just haven't seen any that they have made. Let me know if you know of anyone closer that can beat $850 for a 6x12 dove tail with 3500lb axle and wood floor.

Thanks
HR Dutch Charles Sampson Bearden ( Charlie)
booger
Veteran

Re: Ronnies trailers is Kosciusko

Postby booger » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:45 pm

I just bought a 5x10 dovetail a couple months ago. They were by far the best price around. Nobody has them beat and this Red Sea pedestrian did quite a bit of comparing before I purchased. His young son is a big duck hunter, get to BS'ing with him and you may get a slightly better price or at least a free t-shirt. :mrgreen:

They don't take checks, only cash or credit card.

You can pay a whole lot more for a Big Tex, etc. but they don't seem worth it for just simple uses.

Here's what you need to know: All of his trailers that are on the lot have the jack forward on the trailer (near the hitch). This means that while it is hitched to the truck, if you drop the tailgate big dent in the tailgate from banging down on the top of the trailer jack. Or as was pointed out to me, if you were to carry one four wheeler in the truck bed, that may require the tailgate to be down due to bed space, and one on the trailer, well that no worky.

If that's an issue (and it is to me simply because I refuse all illogical designs unless of course I make them) you can call ahead and he will make one with the hitch further back. Yes, you may have to wait longer than you want, but over the years that you use it, you'll be much happier. So says boog anyway.

Why he doesn't make all the trailers thataway I dunno.

P.S. The directions I got sucked or either I'm a big dummy. I overshot it by 30 miles and it ended up costing me $12,500 because my wife found an Xterra for sale that we bought to replace her old one. :lol:
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:52 pm

I started a thread about utility trailers a few months ago. I was looking for a heavier built trailer and ended up with a Diamond C. Square tubing frame, bifold shock-assist gate, pipe top, tie downs, automotive paint, new spare tire, spare tire mount, Bulldog hitch and flip-up jack, LED lights. I owned a cheap trailer -- once. For me, the features were worth it.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 am

Yea this may come as a shocker but be careful trying to but the cheapest one you find in the trailer world. You definitely get what you pay for. I bought a golf cart 2 summers ago for tailgating/hunting. Didn't have a trailer at the time so I tried to cut corners and find a cheaper new trailer. Needless to say, the one I got has caused me some headache because of the material and "craftsmanship". Mine is built out of angle but it is a lighter material than most I've seen. WIth the thinner material, there's not as much room to make proper welds in certain places. As a result, I have had to replace both pins on the trailer (one of which broke loose and the gate fell while going down I-20). Luckily I work for a steel fabricator so getting that sort of thing repaired is no problem. Didn't find it funny when they tack welded my gate to the frame so the door wouldn't lay down on the first pin repair however..... :evil: :lol:
SHERMANATOR
kevinw
Veteran

Postby kevinw » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:25 am

I bought a square tube 6x14 from Red Barn trailers in Forrest. Had great prices and the trailers were built very well.
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:15 pm

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:18 pm

I got mine from Ronnies 3 years ago and have had no issues. Ive got a 6x12 tandem axle that I paid like 1200 maybe. Had 3 tons of gravel on it the other day with no problem.
Where'd who go?
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Well I was going to reply again, but then lost my give a $hit. I think to be fair you have to know exactly what you're intended purpose is.

If you're going to cut grass for a living, or haul gear all over the USA you need one kind of trailer. But if you're just doing the occasional "mess around", just about any old trailer will do. At a lower price they become disposable if they fall apart.

I know a fellar that has a $250 Microtech stiletto that is guaranteed to open underwater down to a depth of 100 feet. Yet all he ever does is open the mail with it. :roll:
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:32 pm

^ ditto

It's a good cheap trailer but will not hold up to the daily use and abuse of dragging a side by side up and down our fine Delta roads everyday.
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”