Daughter assault......six year later

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Daughter assault......six year later

Postby Seymore » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Those that have been around for a while will remember my daughter getting backhanded by her boyfriend way back in August of 2010. Some have asked me how things worked out with her. She got married two years ago to a really good guy that graduated from engineering at State. She finished in business at Ole Piss this month and they live in Oxford. After talking to that boy's parents the night after it happened I never heard anymore from him. The funny part is that she swore she would never marry a guy that wore boots and a ball cap. She and her sisters were looking through pictures this weekend of her mother and I back in college. Noting I had boots on, a ball cap, a big dip of skoal, and there were pictures of me hunting and fishing with my college friends she said, "My God, I married my father." :lol: :lol:

That's one down and 3 more to go. I'm hoping the 19 year old who is in her first year of college continues on the straight and narrow. I've told the two oldest they have a huge responsibility. Their two younger sisters think the world of them and are watching their every move. Don't screw it up.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
SB
Duck South Addict

Re: Daughter assault......six year later

Postby SB » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:02 pm

Dang, Seymore. I remember that topic. Sure didn't think it has been six years. Congratulations on gaining a son inlaw!
Scott Baker
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Man I remember that like it was yesterday. Your making us feel old. I'm glad your daughter got if right.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:46 pm

You got 4 daughters? The good lord is testing you. Glad to hear she came around on the boots and ball cap kind of guy.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:18 pm

Not only is it 4 girls but they are scattered from 25 all way down to 11. Those last two were supposed to be statistically very remote but that's a story for another day.

The one thing I think I have learned from raising girls is that everything I say or do is being watched to some degree. They are subconciously making determinations of how a guy is to handle himself around a girl. Do I get upset over something do I scream, curse, and run around the house breaking stuff? Do I hit my wife, verbally berate her or attempt to control her? Do I treat her with respect and value her opinion or do I view her as an afterthought?

Another thing I've learned is to give the girls an out. If they are ever in a bad situation I want them to feel free to call me anytime day or night and I will come get them with no questions asked. I don't want them to not place that call because they are scared they are going to get in trouble with their Mom and I. They have done all I could ever ask by picking up the phone and saying come get me the heck out of this deal. If they want to talk about it that's fine. I did this with the first two and am doing it with the 3rd and have been called a couple of times. Usually, they tell us what was happening and why they needed out.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:22 am

Glad to hear all turned out well for her. Something to be said for a well raised kid these days after seeing how some act. I have zero respect for any man that would even consider that sort of thing but that is another topic...

My wife and I had our first child (daughter) back in May. I had this funny feeling the whole time leading up to the day we figured out what she would be that it was going to be a girl. The Lord knows I have very little patience (thanks dad) so I'm sure he thought he would be funny and bless me with something that he knew would test it :lol: . In all seriousness, her and her mother mean the world to me and I wouldn't have it any other way. But you sir, you sir are a gentleman, scholar and a saint haha. Congrats as it sounds like you have raised them with a good head on their shoulders. I catch myself thinking about how tough its going to be raising her in a world that's different from when we were brought up and changing daily, but just like you guys figured it out, we will too.
SHERMANATOR
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:53 am

We have two girls one is 15 and other is two. Scares the crap out of me having girls with the way things are now. Plan on teaching the two year old early on how to protect herself. She is already strong willed and aggressive and no doubt the alpha at daycare.
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Postby landscaper » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:00 pm

JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:43 am

Seymore, I have worlds of respect for you. I have a 3 year old daughter and a 5 month old son. I cannot imagine 4 girls and a wife. So much estrogen... When I lived in Tupelo and we duck hunted together, it always with the caveat that you will cancel if you are needed at home. That willingness to sacrifice fun for family is coming back to reward you now.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”