ASK DS: Water well service

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
sadie1
Veteran

ASK DS: Water well service

Postby sadie1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:10 pm

I need someone in the Yazoo city area that can work on a well. We have a 6" well to flood our holes, but we have never used it in the three years we have owned the property, because we always had water. But this year we have yet to have any water in our holes. We need a name of someone who can pull it and service it. Does anyone have a name?
SB
Duck South Addict

Re: ASK DS: Water well service

Postby SB » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Irrigation Supply is the name I believe. They are located in Indianola. Chicot Irrigation or something like that is another company. Is it an electric well?
Scott Baker
sadie1
Veteran

Postby sadie1 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:57 am

Yes, it is electric. The previous owner said the power pole the meter was attached to fell during a storm and he believes it detached the wiring to the pump. Pump would need to be pulled, checked out, and replaced. Don't know any details about size of pump or depth. Thanks for your help
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:30 pm

All you may need is an electrician to hook your wiring up and turn it on. Once the electricity is on, turn it to see if it starts pumping water. If water flows, you should be good to go. If it doesn't pump water, the electrician can ohm the motor to see if it is good. If the motor is bad, or the motor runs but does not pump, it would need to be pulled. It is probably a submersible pump, they are generally trouble free. I had one go bad several years ago. I used the well company located west of Belzoni on hwy 12. I would not recommend them.
Scott Baker
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:42 am

Schultz Drilling in Greenville 662-332-8678. Good people.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:08 am

"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
sadie1
Veteran

Postby sadie1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:59 am

Here is another question. I called the power company about putting the meter back on the pole, and they could, but there is a minimum of $30/month on the power. In the last four years, I would have used it for a total of about 2-3 days. That s a lot to pay to maybe use it once every three or four years. What kind of voltage is needed to supply power to it? Could it be run just off a larger generator?
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:24 pm

"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
sadie1
Veteran

Postby sadie1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:35 pm

It is an 8" casing. It has a 6" pipe coming out of it. I dont know anything about the electrical end of it. You are right on the expense....all to maybe kill a couple ducks. I just was thinking it would be way cheaper if I was out there hunting or working on stuff, to just keep refilling a generator for a couple of days compared to paying $400/year and maybe not needing it. Thanks for the responses fellas.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”