MS Delta Ducks

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cuttemalljack
Regular

MS Delta Ducks

Postby cuttemalljack » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:29 pm

What are your opinions on the shared lease option they offer? I know they got a bad rap at the beginning of the program but has it gotten better as the years passed? I would be interested in something like this as it would be affordable and I have a 6 month old lab I want to be able to hunt more than my normal two or three trips a year. I know they have a good amount of catfish ponds and kill lots of spoonies, but I'm no mallard purist. However, I don't want to stick out like sore thumb in makeshift sled blind on a catfish pond every time I hunt. Opinions?
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Re: MS Delta Ducks

Postby eSJay » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Search it on here. Lots of opinions.
Not for everyone, but meets the needs for some.
Sounds like it would be a good fit for you.
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:55 pm

I think for the price you can't beat what these guys do.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:26 am

Also looking at there maps of available places to hunt............they cover some good ground (at least this year from what i saw) and its not all catfish ponds. They have some cool stuff north and east that have been good in the past.

Like its been said, not for everybody but ok for many. My theory is, as long as you at least have a good mix of multiple places to hunt you should be ok.

Just don't have the expectation that "guided hunts" are with what most consider "guides". Just an observation not intended to promote or discourage.

Its tough trying to find spots to lease/own/ or jump in with. I know from experience and have spent WAY MORE MONEY on spots that were crappy concentrated in one location. I like it that they are covering a wider area now as they pick up land management of more tracts.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
ompharmer1

Postby ompharmer1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:33 pm

Don't have much to say regarding shared lease.This is our first year with them and we leased an exclusive field. (Soybean field with a small plot left standing between Itta Bena and Moorhead). For what little I know, seemed like the place had potential.

I didn't like the idea of them picking a field to hunt each day for my group.

So far, the first two weekends have been a bust. Hopefully with cooler weather the migrators will find the field. So far, very few ducks have used it.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”