Metal Detectors

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Metal Detectors

Postby deltadukman » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:01 am

Does anyone have a review on one. Long story short, a place I deer hunt on is close to a pretty big civil war battle. Buddy found something cool walking out the other morning and we're wanting to go see what we can find. I don't know a thing about them but they range from $50-$5000.
booger
Veteran

Re: Metal Detectors

Postby booger » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:25 pm

I bought a $200 Cabelas model made by Bounty Hunter a few years back, which is now discontinued. It has performed just fine for my hobby use, I have not found buried treasure yet. :roll:

I can only compare it to one I had many years ago and it is WAY better. Technology leaps forward ten years every year. I don't have any specific recommendation though. I would shop around and buy one on sale, because I think the technology is the same from brand to brand. I would like to hear from an expert on this though.

Like anything, you get into it and realize you will probably need or want more stuff. At least some headphones, digger tool, and a pin-pointer detector is pretty basic stuff.

I learned that even though mine may detect something up to 10 inches deep, that's more than a simple poke to find it. After a bit of excavation I had a rusty door hinge.

Have fun, keep us posted on what you find.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
olemissduckhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby olemissduckhunter » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:26 pm

Pete Hotard

"T.J, Do you enjoy your manhood being called into question every five minutes?" -Teul2
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:50 pm

Actually between battle of Raymond and Champion Hill. I'm sure t Logan Russell already has copyrights to my story somewhere.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”