Ask DS Staining concrete floors

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
wudduk
Regular

Ask DS Staining concrete floors

Postby wudduk » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:58 am

Building a camp outside yazoo city and want to get the floors stained. Does anyone know someone who does it? Or has anyone done it themselves? I've watched some videos, I just dont want to screw it up. thanks
matador1
Duck South Addict

Re: Ask DS Staining concrete floors

Postby matador1 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:36 am

I just used Crews Creative Surfaces and was very pleased. You can find them on Facebook, number is 601-624-7023
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:18 pm

You should be able to handle that yourself? Especially easy if you were doing it before framing goes up.

Acid based stain in a 1 gallon garden sprayer. Make sure the sprayer has a cone or fan type tip for better uniformity.

Don't skimp on the sealer. Several coats.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Second for Crews. They have been at it a long time.
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:56 am

Long Cut
Veteran

Postby Long Cut » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:17 pm

I re-sealed some in my old house. Very easy and I'm not a handy man at all. I can see where staining would be a little more complicated but not too much. As stated I can see it being much easier before any drywall or at least base board goes in.
I priced it in my new house to have it done after pulling up older flooring. Quote I got was about 3/sf to stain and score but I was going to need some surface grinding done to take off old flooring glue so stain score and grind was going to run me 6/sf plus having to basically deal with concrete dust everywhere. Went ahead and just put hardwood in. It was just too big a job for me to tackle in an existing home while living in it. I do love the look of stained concrete even if you have some imperfections it gives it some character.
turkeyman
Duck South Addict

Postby turkeyman » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:41 pm

I do that kinda stuff. Just got done with gh22 in Arkansa. I would be willing to look at it and give you a price or advice. 6016728782

Jason Conn

Return to “General Discussion Forum”