Dog Stand/Blind

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Forrest3
Veteran

Dog Stand/Blind

Postby Forrest3 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:59 pm

What is the best dog blind/stand? Will be hunting mainly fields but would like options if needed. I have been looking at the momarsh but would like feedback from guys that have actually used them.

What you got?
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Re: Dog Stand/Blind

Postby mfalkner » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:58 pm

Momarsh. I use the invisilab - the only knock I have is kinda low headroom. My dog doesn't like that aspect of it. The plain Momarsh stand is as good as any of them. I like how well it is engineered.
sondance
Veteran

Postby sondance » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:32 pm

I have a MoMarsh Invisilab and like it. I don't have a headroom issue because I have a springer so it's a smaller dog. I like the fact you can adjust it, don't need a tree and the dog can get in and out of it on his own. It also works on land or in water. I thought it was a little $$$ but after having it for a year I think it was a good investment
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:40 am

I still think the best is a Sportstand, but they are hard to find anymore. Next is the MoMarsh. Last is the Avery.
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:10 am

Got this one in '04 can't find them anymore so not much help but might search pop ups and find sumthin like it. Folds up in decoy bag w 4 stakes. $30. Train pup on "hide!" instead of "kennel" worked for Buddy. Kept different colors killer weed tie wrapped to clothes pins. Dull it w/spray paint. Finisher w/neotub next to it.

Last edited by Denduke on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:49 am

DIYer and small budget I'd try this one if I didn't already have one. Would be problem to address if you put it on a wood pallet but prolly doable.
Killer weed/clothes pins would grass it up nice. Prolly need to stake it down too. Portability looks good!

According to the reviews aint waterproof and poles break easy...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”