Copperhead motors....

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jkb87
Duck South Addict

Copperhead motors....

Postby jkb87 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:41 am

Anyone with a copperhead motor care to explain or maybe post a pic of how they strap down their motor during travel and what not.... mine seems to always come undone during any travel at all. cant seem to figure out the way to get it where I want it to be while going anywhere.

thanks,
If it wasn't for bad luck then i would have no luck at all........

"Its hard to be cool when your battery is dead." Anatidae at the boat ramp with a dead battery.

IN MEMORY OF #10

SCOTT LlOYD

1/8/92-4/5/08
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Re: Copperhead motors....

Postby jtdumallard » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 pm

When i had mine last year i had a d-ring mounted in the floor of my godevil boat with a rope hooked to it. I simply put the rope over the handle and then ran a ratchet strap through the body of the frame and ratcheted to the boat. This kept it from rocking in either direction. Seemed to work really well the few times i hauled it.
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
Hole Hunter
Duck South Addict

Postby Hole Hunter » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:41 pm

Throw an old tire in the bottom of the boat. Let the motor ride on the tire and strap down accordingly. Works like a charm for my go devil.
WAR DAYUM EAGLE!!!

A True Sportsman shoots what he eats and eats what he shoots.
Florida Boy
Regular

Postby Florida Boy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:56 pm

PLEASE KNOW FOR ANY LONG TAIL YOU ARE TURNING 180 DEGREES PLACE A BLOCK OF WOOD UNDER THE TILLER OR SKEG. MY FRIEND'S THOUGH STRAPED DOWND BUSTED AHOLE IN HIS BOAT AFTER A YEAR.
blgros1
Duck South Addict

Postby blgros1 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:50 am

A few ways to do it. Like said above you can take a ratchet strap and go from trailer and make one wrap around handle, then back to other side of trailer and ratchet tight. Will go up and down just s little and won't go to either side. If you don't want it to bounce a little then take a 2x4 block of wood and put it between bottom plate of frame where motor sits and transom of the boat then ratchet it down like I said before. Problem solved. As mentioned above I also have an eyelet on floor of boat that I have a rope tied to with a loop in it that I go over the handle for positive reinforcement.
"I don't know what it is bout this time of year, don't know if my lip is to short or my toof is to long, but poooooo my lips is chap chap" poo poo brousard

Return to “General Discussion Forum”