Banning clowns

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
JDgator
Duck South Addict

Banning clowns

Postby JDgator » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:52 am

OK Mississippi, is this really of thing you want to be in the news for?
waterbug
Duck South Addict
Location: Brandon, MS --- which is the 3rd ring of Saturn right next to Uranus

Re: Banning clowns

Postby waterbug » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:33 am

That should make Justin happy this Friday :lol:
Greenwing's Red Dawn *** - Storm
Baby Blue's Gale Force Wind *** - Gale
HR McGuffee's Shadow Maximus - Max
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:55 am

Two things to remember.

1) People CAN be stupid, and
2) Creepy clowns are a thing nowadays.

I'm thinking Kemper county is just trying to protect the less than intelligent members of their society from becoming a statistic. Which brings me to yet another important item to remember - People in Mississippi have guns, and are not afraid to use them.

It would be a terrible thing if Bubba-Earl were to jump out from behind a pine tree somewhere, wearing his old clown outfit, and grab little La-Sha to scare her while she is out Trick-or-Treating; just because he saw something about it on Jerry Springer and thought it would be fun. To do so, Bubba-Earl is just liable to find his @$$ shot by her uncle, daddy, big brother, local LEO, ... Let's face it. THAT would be justifiable.
Nobody owes you anything.
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:11 pm

when i was growing up it was the boogieman that was coming...now days it's the clown brigade. a friend's 12-13 y.o. son believes it to his core that "they're comin', man, they're comin'!!!"
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:51 pm

Dang, just when the season was coming into full swing....
Where'd who go?
bucks n beaks
Veteran

Postby bucks n beaks » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Last Halloween, after we took our 3 y.o. (at the time) to Trunk-or-Treat in town, we were pulling in the driveway when my hi-beams came across "Jason" standing behind a pine tree right next to the garage with a machete. Took me by surprise something awful. I hit the horn and came out with the 4-cell Maglite from my truck door pocket asking who the h3ll he was. I think I scared him pretty bad too. It was a "daddy" who was waiting on his kids coming down the block so he could scare them. I told him he needed to watch that crap cause I could have rolled out of the truck with some hardware and it would have been BLM all over me. Stupidity and irrational thought knows no age.

I know I pulled some crazy scare tactics when I was a chap. But it was on people we knew in controlled environments. Not just random people. Clowns will be shot before long.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:49 am

teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:24 am

prank or not, this clown would be 6 foot under.

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:29 am

I don't understand the deal with being afraid of a person dressed as a clown. It's no different than a person being dressed in regular clothes. If they give me a reason to fight/shoot/stab.etcc... it won't matter if they are dressed like a clown or not. I just don't get it... Of course I have never seen a clown like these I guess, but I mean damn it's just a person in a silly outfit.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:49 am

Looks like the 15 yard pin would have worked pretty good.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:02 am

Veteran

Postby 1010 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:06 am

ground check!
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:22 am

Me and a buddy of mine were going to pull a prank like this on another friend of ours with a gorilla suit one time. We just couldn't convince ourselves that: A-Friend wouldn't take a shot at us with his bow, and B- That he was a crappy a shot as we believed him to be. :D
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:42 am

Ok, so last night we actually had a kid come by the house in a real creepy evil clown costume. Kid was about 8 and told me he wasn't scared of no clown. His 10 yo sister just looked at me and said, "I told him is was a stupid idea to go trick-or-treating as a clown."

Hands down, the coolest costumes of the night.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:49 pm

Not having to do with clowns but along the same lines of scaring the crap out of some people. Was deer hunting with my college roommate one weekend at his home. We had come home for lunch and one of his friends that was hunting with us had some 30.06 blanks. A ladies club meeting of some sort that his mother was involved in was breaking up outside. One idea led to another and we decided my roommate would go tearing out the front door with his friend coming out behind him carrying his 30.06 saying some words about how mad he was about something. Then he takes aim with a blank in gun (over my roommate's head and well off to the side) and lets rip. My roommate falls to the ground and I came out hollering about how I can't believe he just shot him. It had the desired affect in that the ladies went to hollering and screaming. What we didn't count on was the butt chewing his Dad gave us when he got home. All be it trying to suppress laughing.

Disclaimer: It was an incredibly stupid idea to pull that stunt. Every gun is loaded with real bullets even if you think you have loaded blanks or that it ain't loaded at all. We were 18, young, and stupid.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”