Need synthetic camo to cover a pit

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
tica-tica
Veteran

Need synthetic camo to cover a pit

Postby tica-tica » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:32 am

Pit is in a soybean field and I'm looking for some synthetic mats or something that will not rot. Pit has metal lay-downs I can attach stuff to. Anybody got any recommendations? Thanks for the help!!
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Re: Need synthetic camo to cover a pit

Postby novacaine » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:05 pm

There is not much out there that wont rot, fade, flake, unravel, or peel.

You may want to try catfish seine (the small stuff) as an underlayment and then dabble some bean stubble and other native (to the field its in) on top.
You can zip tie and then remove after season.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Re: Need synthetic camo to cover a pit

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:44 am

Shade, I have used those wal mart truck bed cargo nets (the small meshed kind not the bungee mesh types) with good results, if you're wanting something to attach stubble to. I put some old decoy bag mesh under it to hide movement while allowing me to see out and watch the empty skies.

Lakeway archery used to have rolls of Cordura-type camo fabric for pretty cheap. It was some good camo patterns too. It's tuff and won't rot, but it will fade of kept out in the sun. May wanna see if they got any left.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”