Home Security Systems

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Home Security Systems

Postby msudawg8087 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:53 am

My wife's grandfather who lives in Polkville (about 30-45 min SE of Jackson) is getting on up in age and will need to be in assisted living within the next year. He lives by himself and knows he needs to go the assisted living route here soon but is afraid to leave his house and everything behind. Without breaking the bank, what kinds of options does he have as far as home security with a few cameras/motion detection around this area?

He spoke to a guy at the gas station around there and he said the gentleman told him they just installed a system on his mother's place that notified the authorities if a motion sensor was set off. I would assume a system like that is a lot cheaper than the camera route. Also, if cameras are installed, I would assume the only way to monitor the house while in a different location would be with an app on your phone or something similar. Not sure he his tech savvy enough to run that. This is definitely not my area of expertise so just figured I would ask the brain trust. What are his options?
SHERMANATOR

Return to “General Discussion Forum”