Flashlight thread

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Flashlight thread

Postby peewee » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Years ago Rick posted up the ultimate flashlight thread. What affordable lights are y'all using now. I had several of the lights Rick recommended. Used them for hunting and running and loved them but the last couple I bought weren't made as well.
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Re: Flashlight thread

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:24 am

They were great at first and I have been thru all of mine too.. try the Coast headlamps wally world carries them and the reg hand held lights are amazing too .. I bought the HP 550 to gator hunt with last yr and love it
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:47 pm

I stumbled upon a brand called Nebo and purchased the "Slyde" version. Compact size, about 8", LED, but a surprisingly bright, tight spot beam and the unit slides open for second center LED that is a work/flood light. Strong magnet in the base for a helping hand while you work. I was so impressed that I bought another. $25-29 range. I'll buy another the next time I see a sale. Time to replace the mag-lites in the truck and nightstand and the toolbox and the wifes car and really everywhere.

As an aside, I bought two LED bulb replacements (19.99) for two and three cell Mag-Lites. They work well, much brighter, extend the battery life, but they don't make the flashlight any smaller, still large and clunky.

I would just as well have the Nebo for a few extra dollars.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
ufgators68
Veteran

Postby ufgators68 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:34 am

I bought this one a few weeks ago. I painted it and replaced the straps... can't have a girly looking flashlight. :lol:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FQNXUMU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought extra batteries and an external charger. It has been good so far and is super bright.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”